Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Reverse Thrust Buckets.

Guest sb55mv

Hi All.I have bought an add-on plane,I was wondering if any of you know where or what makes the reverse thrust buckets work, what I would like to do is speed them up slightly, at the moment they are ridiculously s l o w, and not in keeping with the real one at all.I have contacted them, but they have not even really given me any information at all.so I am left to find out for myself.if anyone has any ideas, or where to look for what controls this action I would be grateful.thanks,

Are you refering to the bucket animation or the acellaration of reverse thrust as you pull back the throttle or use the repeating keystroke depending on your method of applying it.

Guest sb55mv

Hi, information on the bucket animation and acellaration of reverse thrust, would be great thanks.

The time the animation takes for the buckets to open is, as far as I know, hard coded into FS. The only solution I can think of is to rebuild the model with the reversers set up to move in say, 50 keyframes rather than the usual 100 keyframes. but the drawback is that they would open quicker but the actual aplication of reverse thrust would still take the same amount of time as before. Also, on closing, the buckets would stay open longer then "snap" shut because of the keyframe setup in the animation.Hope this helps.Brian

If you are applying reverse thrust via an assigned key (default is F2) open up the key assignments setup and increase the repeat slider to see if that helps with the thrust effect, not the animation.