Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

One question about AI aircraft night lights. Pls help?

Guest jnav

I have several aircraft from PAI,AIA,FSP in FS2004 in which during taxi I have the strobes and nav lights but they do not show logo and windows lights; some have front wheel lights, others do not. However on take off they show all of them including landing lights. I have tried to fix them but to no avail; from all of them, I think, I have updated to fs2004 standards. Could anyone help me to know where the problem is? If one have all the lights on take off does it mean that could be possible to have them during taxi except for landing lights? Where do I look: aircraft.cfg file or air file? Finally, have not they got the sequence wrong having the windows lights on at take off? Would not be proper just landings lights and perhaps logo light? Any help appreciated. Thx and rgds Jorge.

Have a feeling there's no option on this, just guessing but thing it may be a facet of LOD modelling or something - I agree with you, they switch lights on and off like a mad light-show, if you get the answer I'd like to share it, but am guessing there isn't one.

ngxu_banner.png

All Ai aircraft switch on landing lights (as they should) on entering and on leaving the Runway.As for whether the windows light up is down to whether the painter of the nightlighting textures (_l texture) has done it correctly.The way I like it is windows on for taxi and windows plus landing lights for take off ...it is also possible to have windows on permanently at night (so while shutdown at the gate the window lights are still on)The only thing I think you cannot fix is that for some reason GA AI will not switch on their strobes whereas the narrow bodies and heavies will. regardsEdhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109292.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."

Hi!How can I do that?Help me!Cheers

All Ai aircraft switch on landing lights (as they should) on entering and on leaving the Runway.As for whether the windows light up is down to whether the painter of the nightlighting textures (_l texture) has done it correctly.The way I like it is windows on for taxi and windows plus landing lights for take off ...it is also possible to have windows on permanently at night (so while shutdown at the gate the window lights are still on)The only thing I think you cannot fix is that for some reason GA AI will not switch on their strobes whereas the narrow bodies and heavies will. regardsEdhttp://forums.avsim....iles/109292.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."