Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

bleeding off vapp speed to vref +5 - PFPX

I brought this to PMDG's attention back in Jan 2013. They confirmed the problem is there and said they would correct it.

Vernon

I don't believe there will be anymore service packs for the NGX. What we got is what were getting. PMDG's best product just blowing in the wind.

Hi. I wasn't the one that messaged PMDG, that was a quote from a member.

Now i know i wasn't doing anything wrong and it was all down to a game lol

Vernon Howells

Now i know i wasn't doing anything wrong and it was all down to a game lol

I still haven't tried this on my own, so I can't say one way or the other, but I would strongly caution you against using other users as "proof" that you're doing something correctly.

The 250/10 Rule crowd (the crowd that believes nothing can ever go faster than 250 knots under 10,000; or if they can, it requires ATC approval in all cases) usually cites references to some random dude in the industry, or their VA, or the fact that some ATC program or VA program has it programmed in there.  In all of these cases, they are wrong (at least in the United States).  Cite facts - not people.  That other person having the same issue means that they had the same issue, and not that you're both seeing something that shouldn't be there.  It could also be improper procedure.  Again, though, I haven't tried it on my own, so I'm not going to drive that nail any farther into the issue than a simple "could be."

TL;DR: You might be right.  You might be wrong.  Using someone else's example as "evidence" proves nothing.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi kyle, he received an email from PMDG saying they know about the amber band appearing before flap retraction. In the real world this doesn't happen.

Thanks for the info ;)

Vernon Howells