Sign in to follow this  
heydon2008

PMDG 777 WITH WINDOWS 8

Hi there

having just bought the PMDG 777, i was unsure about the windows 8.1 compatibility, but also having the PMDG 747 400 X and that works ok i bought the 777, but unfortunately the 777 doesnt work as good, for example no matter how long that i wait the APU doesnt start up, and in the FMC the cg% Values cannot be inserted either manually or via th shortcut mentioned in the PMDG tutorial.

Please could anyone advise me as to how to get around this ?

my system is

AMD A10 6800K

8 gb DDr3 RAM 1600mhz

2tb hard drive

8670hd onboard graphics

Windows 8.1

Flight simulator X with acceleration

Thanks

Chris Heydon

I using Windows 8.1 and have not experienced none of those issues. How are you turning on the apu? The plane has to be running before you can turn on the apu, if it's not just attach a ground unit and switch it on. For the cg you can't enter it manually. Double click the lsk beside the cg and it should be populated. And make sure you have the route and perf page completed before you try to get the cg

Pierre W

I use Windows 8.1 and have no problems whatsoever except for the detaching joystick which I fixed by using FSUIPC to control my joystick

I using Windows 8.1 and have not experienced none of those issues. How are you turning on the apu? The plane has to be running before you can turn on the apu, if it's not just attach a ground unit and switch it on. For the cg you can't enter it manually. Double click the lsk beside the cg and it should be populated. And make sure you have the route and perf page completed before you try to get the cg

Pierre W

hi i do click the LSK next to the cg, it comes up with a value then i try to insert it and it says INVALID ENTRY

hi i do click the LSK next to the cg, it comes up with a value then i try to insert it and it says INVALID ENTRY

how are you entering it in

how are you entering it in

Thankyou for getting back to me, i double clicked the Lsk 3 key in the fmc , and it appears to work, however this only worked after i uninstalled then reinstalled the PMDG 777 200, also the APu Power and External power does not emluminate green when the apu starts up, i do not know whether previous addons can clash with oe another, as i now have the PMDG 747 400 X uninstalled and more features tend to work with the 777 , which is odd, also i have several versions of C++ redistributable on my Pc, Does anyone know whether these versions can clash at all with one another ?