Sign in to follow this  
Driftingisfun106

One of my PFD's is not working someone help!?!

Hello all, just got PMDG 737, tested a flight out (sort of still getting used to it from Airbus X)

And I've noticed that when I start up the battery and start my checklist (by myself I need fs2crew lol), 4 PFD's pop up, excluding one, the one screen not showing up is the one in between the FMCs. Which is really weird, so I'm guessing it's either an install problem or something with the jet, (however I doubt it because I used these combos yesterday Ctrl+E and it showed up fine and working afterward..... So I'm guessing I'm either doing something very wrong, or the system is just not making it show up for some odd reason. And sorry if this was already posted before, I couldn't find it anywhere on the fourms (all 900 pages that is) Thanks for the help...  :mellow: I'm new to this.

There's no install problem. The display you refer to is the lower engine display unit. This is blank, unless you tell the system what you want to display there.

Look for the buttons left of the Autobrake switch (ENG, SYS). They control the lower display unit.

I'd strongly recommend reading the Introduction manual und the Tutorial #1.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Thanks for the help...  I'm new to this.

Like Stefan said, I recommend using the tutorials to get up to speed.  One of the simplest (and most costly) errors I see simmers make is assuming one add-on will behave like the other, or that knowledge from one will carry over to the other.  Always fly the tutorials.  The developers, if not their testing teams, will know what differences or unique quirks the plane has, and usually throw that info into the introduction manual and tutorials.

Stefan mentioned how to work with the ENG and SYS buttons to get the screen to display information.  Additionally, only some liveries make use of it, based on the installed equipment (which is discussed in more detail in the intro manual).

Kyle Rodgers

There's no install problem. The display you refer to is the lower engine display unit. This is blank, unless you tell the system what you want to display there.

Look for the buttons left of the Autobrake switch (ENG, SYS). They control the lower display unit.

I'd strongly recommend reading the Introduction manual und the Tutorial #1.

Thank you, when I posted this I left AVSIM and went straight back to the NGX, and I found it I'm stupid Lol. Thanks for the help :P

Like Stefan said, I recommend using the tutorials to get up to speed.  One of the simplest (and most costly) errors I see simmers make is assuming one add-on will behave like the other, or that knowledge from one will carry over to the other.  Always fly the tutorials.  The developers, if not their testing teams, will know what differences or unique quirks the plane has, and usually throw that info into the introduction manual and tutorials.

Stefan mentioned how to work with the ENG and SYS buttons to get the screen to display information.  Additionally, only some liveries make use of it, based on the installed equipment (which is discussed in more detail in the intro manual).

Thank you I will do that :)

This may now be marked as solved.

This may now be marked as solved.

There's a button/link at the bottom of each post in this thread for the original poster (you) to do this  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers