Sign in to follow this  

FSX has done its time and since I saw how P3D  looks the only thing I regret is that not all my addons are available there yet. So all my PMDG crafts are in the hangars right now!

Yes for now :) get estonia migration tool - it will install most things beautifully - 48 hours for a new version starting today for p3d v2.3

Rich Sennett

Yes for now :) get estonia migration tool - it will install most things beautifully - 48 hours for a new version starting today for p3d v2.3

Oh really! I didn't know about that tool. I'll check it out asap! 

Thanks

So all my PMDG crafts are in the hangars right now!

Sorry I draw the line there. No PMDG, No P3D.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Oh really! I didn't know about that tool. I'll check it out asap! 

Thanks

Welcome

Rich Sennett

Sorry I draw the line there. No PMDG, No P3D.

But I haven't found anything on YouTube. I'm interested to see how it all looks in P3D.

But I haven't found anything on YouTube. I'm interested to see how it all looks in P3D.

There is no pmdg in P3D yet - have to wait for that if thats what you are referring to 

Rich Sennett

There is no pmdg in P3D yet - have to wait for that if thats what you are referring to 

Can't the migration tool take care of that?

Can't the migration tool take care of that?

Its not legal to use pmdg in P3D yet you have to pay for that version - and pmdg made sure it will not work in P3D fyi - P3D V2.3 is AMAZING -  In spot view I can pan around like I was panning around a default 172 - holy crap this is amazing - going to do a fresh install even though its all working 

Rich Sennett

Its not legal to use pmdg in P3D yet you have to pay for that version - and pmdg made sure it will not work in P3D fyi - P3D V2.3 is AMAZING -  In spot view I can pan around like I was panning around a default 172 - holy crap this is amazing - going to do a fresh install even though its all working 

"It's not legal"? Okay!

My P3D install didn't work so I'm trying to repair it and see.

"It's not legal"? Okay!

This is what I men't, until PMDG & P3D get together, even if it worked, you would have no support.

When this happens and I think it's a matter of time, I will be taking a serious look at P3D.

Rick Hobbs

This is what I men't, until PMDG & P3D get together, even if it worked, you would have no support.

When this happens and I think it's a matter of time, I will be taking a serious look at P3D.

If I understand the license type would have to change and hopefully it doesn't make it more expensive. But I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them in P3D.

If I understand the license type would have to change and hopefully it doesn't make it more expensive. But I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them in P3D.

Sorry but all ready stated it will be more expensive - just dont know how much more that current fsx pricing - hoping for a reduced upgrade price  :)

Rich Sennett

But I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them in P3D.

That's what I am hoping for.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I'm interested in hearing from you, Devinci. How is P3D's performance in comparison to FSX? I'm transitioning over to P3D when PMDG supports it; Right now I'm in limbo, not flying at all, instead working to pay off the rig I'm about to purchase. I'll be purchasing the i7 5960X and like yourself, was debating between the Titan Z or GTX 700 series. So, again I'll ask, now that you've gone with the 780, how many frames are you averaging in complex areas in P3D? What CPU are you using also?

I'm interested in hearing from you, Devinci. How is P3D's performance in comparison to FSX? I'm transitioning over to P3D when PMDG supports it; Right now I'm in limbo, not flying at all, instead working to pay off the rig I'm about to purchase. I'll be purchasing the i7 5960X and like yourself, was debating between the Titan Z or GTX 700 series. So, again I'll ask, now that you've gone with the 780, how many frames are you averaging in complex areas in P3D? What CPU are you using also?

Hello,

I'm having about 10 more fps in P3D. But I was only able to test it with Airbus X  Extended in P3D. I average 50fps using the default aircraft in complex areas. Other than that I'm having the same fps in average when using FSX in DirectX 10 preview mode. Though I'm wondering that it may also have to do with my Graphics card. I have an i74790k not overclocked yet.

Here is my full setup: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Devinci/saved/yXLFf7

Unless you're like me and also play a lot of other games, I think investing almost $2000 just to get 10 more fps wasn't worth it. But I'm happy with the result right now as I get decent FPS in FSX and Amazing results in all new games played at ultra settings. For example I'm getting 120+ fps in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare at Ultra.

Regards,