Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Post a P3D night 2.3 screenshot please

hmmm ... are you sure Sweetfx is GONE and/or it didn't create some registry entries that feed the nVidia drivers?  Considering Sweetfx sets HDR it seems too much of a coincidence to me ... in fact, digging a little deeper and it would appear there is some common thread for the "very dark" problem ... and that common thread is Sweetfx was used at some point in time.

Here is a quick video I made including some "night" ... comparing AFRFriendly (SLI) with none SLI -- the night looks very dark when running SLI (read not realistic).  Video also shows the "eye adjustment" affect in action. 

Why I bring this up is because the AFRFriendly (SLI) process seems to duplicate the "very dark" night that Rich sees.  LM have indicated that HDR is problematic when using the AFRFriendly SLI process.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the video - I did not load sweetfx Rob - just a clean P3D install - I want to see if I can tweak something without adding more stuff lol

Big difference - going to try HDR now

Rich Sennett

I did not load sweetfx Rob

Ever??  As I understand it, SweetFx isn't the best are cleaning up after itself.

Cheers, Rob.

Ever??  As I understand it, SweetFx isn't the best are cleaning up after itself.

Cheers, Rob.

Its gone its easy to get rid off - no problem - now LM is lucky to have you on Their team wow check this out much better night - hdr both shots its like sweetfx on steroids man - now night is much better also has anyone noticed that if you crank up tessellation to ultra it does not effect your fps before I couldnt even turn it on - amazing work by LM team thats for sure - Anyone thinking about switching you have no idea what your missing - its stunning now - thanks Rob for the help priceless - now to load up some payware aircraft

Take note that we have a decent size moon tonight so I would assume it will be quite darker with no moon

2da0ktk.jpg

2hcizgy.jpg

Rich Sennett

in my sim I can barley see it - has to be a monitor setting - but my brightness is up all he way

I have just read through this thread and your question seems to be already answered. 

But nevertheless: I noticed you saying "has to be a monitor setting - but my brightness is up all the way". What I would say: if you set your brightness to 100% it could produce "darker black levels" (depending on the monitor). Increasing the brightness (white up) could mean to increase the contrast (black unchanged) at the same time. The "better" way: keep the brightness as it is (e.g. 75%, saves power, extended lifetime) and lower the contrast to see more details in the black areas.

But it is also all a matter of taste.

Just a thought...

I have just read through this thread and your question seems to be already answered. 

But nevertheless: I noticed you saying "has to be a monitor setting - but my brightness is up all the way". What I would say: if you set your brightness to 100% it could produce "darker black levels" (depending on the monitor). Increasing the brightness (white up) could mean to increase the contrast (black unchanged) at the same time. The "better" way: keep the brightness as it is (e.g. 75%, saves power, extended lifetime) and lower the contrast to see more details in the black areas.

But it is also all a matter of taste.

Just a thought...

Claus - thanks for the info I will play with your idea - my monitor does not get very bright its an ASUS PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440 professional monitor no slouch but not impressed with manual settings - waiting on G-SYN 27" 2560 x 1440 - also temperature choices come in handy to - thank you

Rich Sennett