Sign in to follow this  
crashfreak

FS2004 White lines and Numbers for runways

Hey all... New poster here. Didint see anything on this topic so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned. I am tweaking FS to be as realistic as I can make it but i just cant get over how clean and plain the white lines, numbers and touchdown markings look in FS2004. Are there freeware replacements or can anyone tell me what textures those are so I can try to tweak them? Any help would be welcome.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Search the library here and elsewhere for Airport Environment Upgrade.

As I recall, v6 was the most stable edition.

OH! and welcome here... 

Thanks. Have used hat in he past... But im talking about the white lines and threshold lines and numbers that are on the actual runways. Havent found anything that replacesor change these. Freeware or payware. Im guessing these might be runway00 in the texture file. I have an .r8 converter so will check that. Any designers out there know?

I don't have any use for these as I don't fly stock airports.

But I'm pretty sure revised markings exist if you search properly.

That's one of the best things about a mature sim... it's generally already been done!

How about this one at flightsim.com? If nothing else, it might give you a basis for comparision...

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Real Environment ProfessionalDownload | View ]

Name: reprostp.zip 
Size: 27,298,430 Date: 10-02-2006 Downloads: 18,691

reprostp.gif
FS2004 Real Environment Professional, an extensive environment upgrade package. Includes new sun, aircraft spotlight, airport lights, Envmap, revised water textures, trees, runway textures, taxiway markings, sky/environment textures and more. By Tim Fuchs.