Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

Project OPen Sky ???

Project OPen Sky...What are these planes? There seem to be a million of them I went to their website to find photos of panels, or info...none that I could find.. didn't want to 'join' yet.. but the descriptions at Avsim files list VC so I assume they are not just AI planes..I'm sure there is a simple answer.. Dumb question, eh!! Bill:(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bill,Project Open Sky (POSky) are one of, if not THE, leading design groups for freeware aircraft models for the flight sim series. They have been around for about 5 years, and constantly update their fleet of Boeing and Airbus models as each new version of FS is released. Some of their models have VC's, others don't. Currently available are the following - Boeing 757 (-200 and -300), with VC. Boeing 767 (released only a couple of weeks ago, and only the -300 variant at present, a VC is expected in an update in the coming weeks, as are models of the -200, and -400 variants). Boeing 747, -400, -300, -200 (-100 expected sometime I believe. These models don't have VC's). Airbus A330 (-200, and -300), both with VC's. Airbus A340 (-200, -300), both with VC's. Bombardier CRJ-200, and CRJ-900 (both with VC's).Check this page Bill, to see the aircraft downloads listed by type, and repaints available, sub-listed by continents...http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads-index.phpCheck this page, for all sorts of info about Project Open Sky...http://www.projectopensky.com/Some of their installation procedures, particularly where VC's etc are involved, can be quite daunting for the newer flight simmer. However, help is always at hand on their forums, and in their FAQ's. Failing that, post here on the Avsim forums.Hope this helps!Regards,Al.

Many thanks Al,I've looked at their site, 'joined', asked in the forum where to see panels..but, after reading your really informative reply to my question, will probably stay away for a while.Cheers, Bill

Hi again Bill,The Project Open Sky models don't include custom panels (although that may change as I believe they have a panel designer in the group now). Their downloads, once installed, will usually make use of a default FS2004 panel, but its up to the avid simmer to search Avsim etc, and find themselves a more suitable, or specific, panel for the aircraft in question.If your a 'heavies' fan, you'll certainly love their models...some of the best.Regards,Al.

Ah ha!!! The perfect info for me.. thanks, Al...I'm into 'panels'.. very subjective, I know..At the moment, I need to stay away from the more complicated issues. like mixing and matching panels, aircraft, etc., anything where I have to go into the insides of files, computers, etc...... :>)And I see that I'm learning where my interest is , my 'path,' so to speak, into the sim world, for the moment, anyway...learning this by flying.. and asking many questions here...and getting wonderfully generous suggestions and help...Single and twin recip and turbo props...I have the PMDG 1900D (simple, eh) and the FS Avanti, and one of Barry Blaisdell;s Twin Otters, freebie that I'm actually learning to like...and some ideas for next...looking into a Bonanza, Meridian, a few others..I have a friend who has a Super Viking, the real deal.. Wow! What a plane.. Maybe someone will do one...Anyway,Many thanks againBill