Sign in to follow this  
Ctatlow

air florida b737-200

i'm sure it's just my inexperience, but can anyone advise me how to download this aircraft as it only has instructions for part of the download.

have tried a couple of different options and failed :unsure:

any help appreciated

charlotte

What aircraft?

You need to tell us what you are trying to download.

Your description is too vague to even begin to search for the files in question.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Sorry for being so vague, thanks for your response.

If your are a registered member of the AVSIM library you shouldn't be having any problems. If you haven't registered and logged in, do so, it is free. You can't download anything until you do.

If you are logged in all you have to do is click on the download tab at the upper right of the file description found here:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=air+florida&CatID=fs2004&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Page=2

The ninth item down. Or here;

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Jordy+Buijs&CatID=root&Go=Search

Click on Download

The library will send you to a new page where the file will be retrieved and you should get a request from your PC on where to save the file, navigate to where you want the file a save it.

If you still have problems, could it be that your PC or Anti virus or Browser are blocking downloads?

Before you install this please consider that there is a freeware B732 made by a group called Tinmouse which far exceeds the quality of the plane your are considering. The only drawback to you would be that so far I have not been able to locate a Air Florida livery.

Regards,

Firstly I am a registered AVSIM library member and have downloaded from the site before. It's not the downloading itself that I can't do it's the adding it to FS9 that I can't seem to get right. The readme explains to add two of the gauge files and a sound file first to the relevant sections but then it doesn't say what to do with the rest of the files, have tried it a couple of different ways but it just wouldn't have it. 

I have heard of the Tin Mouse and will eventually get round to that one too, just wanted the Air Florida one first though and don't like to give up on what looks like a fairly straightforward one to add.

Also thank you Vickyj20 for the link to the Eric Cantu model with the Air Florida repaint I shouldn't have any problem adding that one, but the reason I wanted the one in my question is because it has the relevant cockpit rather than just using the b737-400 default but it will be a nice addition anyway.

Thanks

Charlotte

Add the folder named Air Florida B737-287a to ...\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft.

Then move the files from Open First as instructed, though it appears you might have already done that.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Thanks for all your replies up to now,

i have recently retried this freeware air florida and still can't get it to appear on my aircraft list, even though it is in the aircraft folder and sound folder etc. as it should be,

any known problem for this one for vista users? as that is my os and sometimes it doesn't work for everything i have tried to do.

thanks in advance Charlotte

I don't have Vista and have it working in Win8.

Do you have fs9 installed in the Program Files folder?

It is a pretty straight forward install.

The one thing I see that might trip you up is that it will be listed as "Air Florida" for the manufacturer instead of Boeing.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

I'll give it another go. FS is installed in the program file. It should be easy, have done much more difficult add-ons than this!

Charlotte