Sign in to follow this  
fiftysix

Interesting find - Autogen Tree/Night Lighting view distance tweak

It sounds to me like you should be up to date with PNW. This is the lights configurator you should be using:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76904-orbx-ftxg-lights-configurator

FTXLights.exe dated 2008 is the old one that configured the old effects based lights. That should still configure some of the old style lights that were used in the default region airports though so don't delete it just yet. When you install the configurator linked above you'll have another one named "FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe" (but it'll put an icon on your desktop for it). I agree it's a little confusing, lol.

The day and night exe's should still toggle the airport lights. Now that the region as a whole has gone to the global style lights I'd think it'd be safe to switch to FTX Night mode and leave it there, there were usually only half a dozen or so of those effects based lights placed at each airport. It was the massive use of them in the autogen files that caused the performance hit.

Jim

Thanks Jim, Geez no wonder it did not work LOL. I just find it hard to keep up with all this stuff sometimes. I guess my multi-tasking abilities are beginning to slowly slipping away. Next will  be a catheter, lubricated I hope :lol:  

The new lighting app is really nice. The differences in the settings are very subtle.  A nice improvement.

Thanks Orbx.

Bob