Sign in to follow this  
flybyme

1 monitor u/s out of 3...what can I do?

Hello to everyone,

I use 3 monitors monitors "samsung SyncMaster  214T 21" " with the VGA AMD RADEON 7970 and resolution 4800x1200 while the GPU is a Intel i5 3570K OC at 4,20Ghz..

I get fsx a bit slow on certain scenaries and flying situations but effort it..

At a certain point I got one monitor that does not stay "Lit"...so now it gives me a "black" screen.....I gues the internal video card or similar has broken...

The point is....should I buy a used same monitor (altough these are "old" monitors) or change all 3 with new ones???

If I change all 3 with new monitors, will I have emprovement on frame rates in FSX??

If I choose to change the 3 monitors....wich model can u suggest me?

Thanx

I have 3 monitors, but tired of the flat 1080 look.

Go for a wide 4K monitor and use the other monitors for panels etc.

I would switch the positions and cables of two of your monitors first to make sure the black screen problem is your monitor and not a port on your video card.

I am assuming that you have three 1600 x 1200 non widescreen monitors. I have one of these and tried to find two more. They are hard to find and expensive now relative to the new widescreen ones. I use this monitor in my office as I like the older and taller format for reading documents. The screen started going black on mine and I got it repaired for $100. It was a transformer inside I believe.

I run three 1280 x 1024 monitors on my flight sim connected as one wide view of 4040 x 1024. I like the wide view this provides. Wish I had your three 1600 x 1200s. The performance you get from a new single monitor will depend on the resolution of the monitor. If it is more than your current 4800 x 1200 you will have less FPS.

The advantage of going to a new single monitor is you do not have the bezels dividing your views. I am thinking about switching for this reason although one with a high resolution is also expensive. I will let someone else who has one make a recommendation.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ted,

the idea is to maintain 3 monitors sonce I use TrackIr..and like the wide view of hte 4800x1200...

I will try to switch the cables of the monitors...and see what will happen..

Thanks Ted,

the idea is to maintain 3 monitors sonce I use TrackIr..and like the wide view of hte 4800x1200...

I will try to switch the cables of the monitors...and see what will happen..

Those 1600x1200 monitors are excellent for a triple setup

with less objectionable left/right edge distortion.

If you can find an old one I would buy it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.