Sign in to follow this  
smudger118

speech not recognised

I am trying very hard with this product have not mastered it yet now getting the msg speech not recognised

when I first tried it was recognising my speech now and again but now not at all checking my speech should be

set to Microsoft speech recognizer 8 0 for windows (English)-US is this correct will keep trying I have a good USB headset

Here are some tips on speech recognition, assuming all the connections, volume levels, etc. are correct.

- Speak in a regular tone and rate of speech - Trying to slow down or emphasize words tends to confuse the speech recognition engine.  Just speak clearly and at a normal rate.

- Press and Release of the PTT Button - There is a slight delay caused by the software activating and stopping the Speech Recognition.  Pause a half-second after pressing the PTT button before you speak to ensure Pilot2ATC can hear your first works.  Wait about a half second after you finish speaking before you release the PTT button.  If you release it early, the controller may not hear the last word or two you said and will not recognize the phrase.

- Use the Grammar Help (?) Screen - Pilot2ATC listens for a variety of phrases.  If you do not say something it is looking for, it will ignore it completely.  Be sure you are saying exactly the words it is looking for by using the Grammar Help screen for the controller you are trying to communicate with.

- Use the Practice Speech Window - In the Grammar Help screen, using the Practice window as described in the User Guide will let you get a cadence and tone that will work for you. 

- Adjust the Speech Wait Times - You can adjust the Initial Silence Timeout to a higher setting if you tend to pause before speaking a phrase after pressing the PTT button.  If you pause beyond the initial timeout period, Speech Recognition will quit listening and will not recognize even a perfectly said phrase.  Likewise, if the End Silence Timeout is too short, recognition may stop because you paused too long between words.  Play with these settings as described in the User Guide.

- Eliminate Background Noises - Noises in the room such as Fans, dogs barking, etc. can inhibit speech recognition.  You can see what your voice sounds like to Pilot2ATC by checking the Listen box in the Windows Recording Device setup window as described in the User Guide.  If your voice is not loud and clear, try and eliminate other sounds and adjust the recording level, etc. until you get a clear strong voice.

Hope this helps,

Dave

thanks for the help using the the programme several times now and now getting fluent

and taking in all your tips and it has improved greatly its all down to practice and patience

Pilot2atc is starting to grow on  me and again thanks for your help

Trev smith