Sign in to follow this  
WestJetter

CTD Over Canadian Rockies

Hey guys,

I am having the same issue. Every time I attempt a flight over the Canadain Rockies from CYYC to CYVR for example I get a CTD. I also have My Traffic Installed but was having same issue when it was not installed. I am running the NGX with ASN and Orbx Global Vector. Not sure exactly what it is but I have ran the event viewer and it appears that ntdll.dll is crashing FSX. Thanks for any help you can provide me!

Cheers,

Brad

Hey guys,

I am having the same issue. Every time I attempt a flight over the Canadain Rockies from CYYC to CYVR for example I get a CTD. I also have My Traffic Installed but was having same issue when it was not installed. I am running the NGX with ASN and Orbx Global Vector. Not sure exactly what it is but I have ran the event viewer and it appears that ntdll.dll is crashing FSX. Thanks for any help you can provide me!

Cheers,

Brad

Hi Brad,

I split your post from the other CTD as it gets confusing looking at several CTD's from different people in the same topic. You should look at the AVSIM CTD Guide (located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots) and download and run AppCrashView and post the results of your latest crash here. If ntdll.dll is the faulting module, then I would suspect high settings in your FSX.cfg and display driver settings. It could also be a bad overclock where the CPU voltage is too high or too low.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce753
Faulting process id: 0x127c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfdf970699fe96
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ed7ea253-4b8d-11e4-bef1-00248c48325f

This is happening every time I fly over the Rockies of Canada. haven't experienced a crash anywhere else in the FSX world. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Exception code: 0xc0000374 indicates heap corruption.

Increase Heap Limitation – There is a problem sometimes with Windows 7 users when too many Windows are open. This may cause an out-of-memory (OOM) crash. It is caused because of the desktop heap limitation. Here is the link to the Microsoft Fix-It program that will increase your desktop heap limitation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246. This may or may not work with Windows 8.1 as it has not been tested. (NOTE: Supposedly this fix was installed with Windows 7, 64 bit but research by an AVSIM Staff Member found that the three settings in the Shared Section of the Registry key were not correct and had to be manually changed).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have been running the PMDG777 every day since it came out had no CTD until I installed Active Sky Next.  Now I get crashes 25% of the time.  Maybe because when I have ASN o, I try a whole bunch of conditions and do frequent changes to ASN during the flight.

Paul Gugliotta

Awesome I will try that. I am also running two monitors could this be the issue?

Is it possible it is crashing over the same bit of scenery?

Cheers

Awesome I will try that. I am also running two monitors could this be the issue?

Cheers

Cheers