Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

Glideslope callout

You people take things so seriously with just a simple question. Thats why this flightsim community never grows because of that attitude

Duuuuuuuuuude! Chill.

Ah sucks. 

I guess ill just edit it and say it was a double post. Thanks for letting me know. Have a great day.

Forget it.....and dont worry about it, ###### happens.

Editing only works for a few minutes after the post is created :-(

Welcome to AVSIM!

Rob Robson

I dont know what your problem is with me dude. But i respect your opinion. Im just asking for a simple queston. I hope you respect my personal preference. Yes ive read the manual but sometimes its hard for me to understand thats why there is a forum to ask. English is not my first language.
          Im not thinking of the resettable siren. Im thinking of the g/s inhibitor. Thats it. Is it so hard to understand? I like this hobby and have always had. I just dont get why you take things so personal. Anyways, with that being said. Have great day. Happy flying to everybody.

I have no problem with you, specifically.  I have a problem with people asking for ways to sidestep real issues.

You asked a simple question: "But how do you disable glidslope callout?"

You got a simple answer: "Fly the approach properly."

There's no better answer than that.  I know you apparently think that it's your own personal preference, but it's not.  Dragging a plane in low and slow is not the way to conduct an approach.  Your question might as well have been "how do you disable the stall warning horn?"  And following up with the reason "because I don't like flying fast."

Oddly enough, some very well respected members chimed in noting that the actual issue is your improper procedure, and instead of rationally taking those notes as "oh hey, I might be doing something wrong here," you simply went after them for being "harsh" and then backed up your improper procedure by calling it your opinion.  Telling you that you're wrong isn't harsh.  Nobody did it with any less tact than you've given them back by throwing "dude" and "pal" around - not sure what school of respectful discussion you went to, but those are ways to talk down to someone.

Finally, you might think that this is just a game, and for many, it might be.  The issue, though (and why I take this very seriously), is that there are many more people who are introduced into aviation through the sim.  They learn the basics here, and they learn their information here.  You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to train people out of things they picked up here.  I've been asked to help people learn some of the radio side of instrument flying more than a few times, and one of the more frequent things I have to correct with the younger crowd is "request clearance, as filed."  My first question is "you use Flight Sim, don't you?"

You might think your simple hobby, and how you approach your hobby, doesn't affect anyone, but when it gets into a forum like this it does.  That's why I take this so seriously.  It's my passion and I've made a living in it for quite a few years.  As much as I can, I'd like to ensure people have the correct information, and not just a simple answer.  Sure, your one post isn't the end of the world, but there are definite reasons in why I chose to respond the way I did (in the other thread), and why others did as well.

Respecting opinions goes both ways:

I respect that you can do whatever you want in your own sim.

You could respect that I (and some others) prefer to voice what the proper procedure would be.

Kyle Rodgers

I do know how to maintain it. I get that callout when im super close to the threshold. It just annoys me. and Of course i do know how to fly it properly. 

I do wonder, though. The warning only comes on when you don't fly it properly. If you know how to fly it properly and know how to maintain it, why don't you? 

I get that each can use the simulator as they see fit, but that statement has me wondering a little bit. Care to elaborate? Is there another problem that we fail to recognize perhaps?