Sign in to follow this  
jinx46

Marcel Kuhnt's Britten Norman Islanders aircraft problem

Hello..

I have installed the Marcel Kuhnt Britten Norman Islanders into FS9, installing the Basic Sets (e.g DIAAI32G.zip and the others like it), the Soundset files (BN32Snd3, \2 and\4), and the files in BN32Rest.zip.

These are given as downloads in Marcel's site. That site is at www.m-r-software.de
    Though I have installed all the repaints as per his instructions, only 2 of the 8 planes or so have shown in my fs9 in the sim and could be fllown.

I then tried to find the aircraft folders and they are not anywhere in in the fs9\Aircraft folder, neither in the fs9 Main directory. I had never seen such a mystery as this before, in 20 years of simming...

I have also installed the .dll file in the Windows\System directory, as he said in his instructions and carried out his instructions as best as I could, though, I must admit, they are not that clear.

Now my question is where are the individual aircraft folders in fs9? How can I find them? Do any of you know?

By looking at the files I can do a manual installation, I think, after which the folders installed thus will show, I am sure.
    However, I cannot find the one already installed to delete them so I have no doubles.
    I looked at the Control Panel of my PC, but no Islanders are listed to uninstall. And let me also add that asking people to put a .dll in the Windows\System folder is going too far in the wrong way of doing installations.

Can anyone help me to find where the aircraft folders have been installed?

Nick

I have that aircraft installed, although I did it a long time ago - but I had no problems as far as I remember. You just have to follow the instructions. In my FS9 aircraft folder I have the following BN folders:

BN-2 Panel

BN-2A_3

BN-2AMk3_3

BN-2B_3

BN-2FANS

BN2-Sound

BN2-Sound-3B

BN2-Sound-4B

Graeme Butler