Sign in to follow this  

Running FSX in Win7, after installing the latest 344.11 I started receiving "​The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll" errors when going from windowed to full screen or back.  Would have to hit "ok" 9 or 10 times, then things seemed ok.  

After some frustration and research, found a thread for an unrelated game that suggested removing the GeForce Experience, that did it for me.  Seems it might be related to use of the ENB mod . . .

Just trying to save anyone else some grief . . .

Joe Lorenc

Running FSX in Win7, after installing the latest 344.11 I started receiving "​The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll" errors when going from windowed to full screen or back.  Would have to hit "ok" 9 or 10 times, then things seemed ok.  

After some frustration and research, found a thread for an unrelated game that suggested removing the GeForce Experience, that did it for me.  Seems it might be related to use of the ENB mod . . .

Just trying to save anyone else some grief . . .

There is certainly some stuff happening with this driver. I don't have that nVidia program installed, but in P3D, saw diagonal thin line black artifact flashes when viewing scenery out the left or right windows, and when any banking (up or down movement of the sim) was happening. So...whatever they did with this suite, it has changed the Modus Operendi, for sure. The black line is an area where the screen has nothing written to it in x/y positioning...hence the 'black'.  It would point to a Shader update issue.