Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Scenery help

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with scenery at some of my addon airports and I cannot seem to figure out just what is going on. Here is a picture of the problem:

2bf163d3-908c-4e35-978e-7661bb9c6f3e.jpg

This was taken during landing at Seattle (KSEA). As you can see, the area in front of the aircraft for some reason is letting textures other than the FlyTampa textures show through. I am assuming these are default textures. This area of show through contiues once I taxi off the runway and to the gate. It only seems to happen when flying TO Seattle, not when flying FROM Seattle.

Additionally, this evening, I taxied way on the South end of the airport to my gate at the S terminal. This time, at some point during my taxi, the texture problem ceased and everything looked normal.

I have tried removing the user addon to add the 3rd runway, this didn't seem to help. I have turned off my Manhattan scenery because I know it can conflict, but that didn't help either.

This also happened at Manchester Intl, which is made by UK2000.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Matt

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

You might check to make absolute sure you don't have duplicate AFCAD files. Also double check your scenery priority assignments to make sure Fly Tampa KSEA is positioned properly - etc.

Regards,

I too would like to get some help here. Have never been able to utilize the user add on for the third runway in the Fly Tampa version, due to the fact that whenever I land on the new runway, all the pavement textures disappear. Have also had issues with the taxiways becoming dirt, and having jets throwing dirt from the tires. Would really like to know what goes on at KSEA that causes these problems. Can't recall these types of issues elsewhere.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

It's an elevation problem, most likely. What is your TMVL setting? Does it match what the scenery was designed for? Was your scenery installed correctly?

It's an elevation problem, most likely. What is your TMVL setting? Does it match what the scenery was designed for? Was your scenery installed correctly?

Have tried the TMVL setting at, 19,20 and 21. All with the same result. Have used 19m mesh and ultimate terrain. Nothing changes the pavement disappearing as I travel over it. Scenery was installed per the Fly Tampa guidelines, and the user add on per the readme that came with the scenery.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Don't know what to say, then, to help. This sort of thing happens (I think) when the groundpoly and the afcad elevations are too far apart... the gap should be 0.01m - too large and you'll get separation when you're on the runway, too small and you'll get bleeding of the afcad through the groundpoly. Looks to me like you have separation, which is why I asked about scenery configuration.

Not that I know for certain what causes this.

But I do think that if you have double-checked the installation of everything, you should make a copy of the FlyTampa AFCAD and place it in the scenery/world/scenery folder.