Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

OK, I've seen the light......

And the shadows, and the amazing graphics and the smoothness and the non flashing runways and the switching between views without the graphics taking 4 or 5 secs to catch up! I am converted! I can't believe I have had P3D for a year and this is the first time I have set it up and used it, thanks to the release of the Aerosoft A318/9. Roll on the PMDG release's.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Me too.

And another thing that I find odd and surprising is something that is related to what SteveW at codelegend had (has) at his website.

I had departed KLAS (FSDT) in my jet with unlimited frames and vsync on the ground to make things manageable. I then turn the limiter down to 24 during high level flight. 

Forgot all about the 24fps coming into KSFO and it was remarkably smooth, even at 24fps.

SteveW speaks about how everything evens out over time and I think he may just be right.

V.2 was unusable for me. Then came V2.3. What a difference. I still have FSX, but I'm flying mostly P3D now. With fps locked at 35, It's smooth with no popup trees or textures, and I really like HDR effect. I do take a big hit with cumulus clouds. But I'm hoping that 2.4 or some other update takes care of that. Got to give LM credit for the regular updates and for the commitment in making this sim more realistic and pleasurable for us.