Sign in to follow this  
PGBosak

...find the mistake

Always.  Always.  Always pay attention to your FMA.

Your FMA shows: FL/CH (VNAV armed - that's what the white VNAV means).

Hi Kyle,

I haven't any problems reading the FMA properly, of course i was being confused by the parallel enlighted FLCH and VNAV on

MCP upon entry but this isn't any mystery anymore.

But still a problem is why this situation prevented me from leaving FLCH. I am not flying at the moment but from

recall i did uncountable instantly changes between FLCH and V/S  with NGX.

i tried not just VNAV to leave FLCH with 777 i also tried V/S (forgot it to mention) no change of indication in FMA no change of ilumination of buttons (MCP)

And that fact seems still not being Boeing logic to me.

When FLCH is engaged the VNAV light should extinguish.

That was my mistake,too  :blush:

But that doesn't explain the "frozen" FLCH.

It IS Boeing logic. The only thing the green light on the MCP panel means,  is that the respective SELECTED mode can be DESELECTED by pressing the same button again. When deselected an ACTIVE mode, the FMA for that mode will blank, the respective flightdirector mode will disappear. Solely a green MCP light does not say which mode is active or armed.

A captured LOC & GS in APP mode cannot be deselected on the MCP by pressing APP again, as the MCP APP light extinguishes.

I was gonna say VOR needles not showing lol :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

IS Boeing logic. The only thing the green light on the MCP panel means,  is that the respective SELECTED mode can be DESELECTED by pressing the same button again. When deselected an ACTIVE mode, the FMA for that mode will blank, the respective flightdirector mode will disappear. Solely a green MCP light does not say which mode is active or armed.

This is all being known

But in that situation there was no chance to deselect any active mode I said the status of my picture was "frozen"

regardless what i've pressed on MCP

I tried to:

deselect FLCH

press VNAV (no reaction on FMA nor MCP

press V/S ( no reaction on FMA nor MCP)

And thats what i put still into question.

I was gonna say VOR needles not showing lol :)

:lol:

i wouldn't steal your time for that.  :P

This is all being known

But in that situation there was no chance to deselect any active mode I said the status of my picture was "frozen"

regardless what i've pressed on MCP

I tried to:

deselect FLCH

press VNAV (no reaction on FMA nor MCP

press V/S ( no reaction on FMA nor MCP)

And thats what i put still into question.

:lol:

i wouldn't steal your time for that.  :P

I like the VOR distance to show :P MY mistake lol

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

tried to reproduce the "FLCH Freeze" and thank god the aircraft behaves like it should and not how i was being told here partly.

that means:

Instantly changes between FLCH VNAV and V/S (regardless if i am off- VNAV profile)

The VNAV and the FLCH Button illuminates just for an eye movement simultaneously, not permanently as seen in my screenshot of initial post.

(really don't know how i triggered this, just did what i had written before)

No (permanently) shown simultaneously active/armed Situation between VNAV/FLCH in FMA (like seen in my screenshot)

Hope you guys will agree, just one of the 2 situations mentioned here can be real BOEING logic. i am used to the one described in this post  :ph34r:

Knew i wasn't totally drunk that day.  ^_^