Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Ezdok issues

Hi
This problem is driving me nuts so I hope someone can either shed a bit of light or some ideas.

I've posted on the ezdok forum but have had no response so hope someone here has an idea
Esentially I have 2 problems although one is liveable with so i'll start with the worst problem.
I'm currently running with ver 1.17 and have deleted all the num keys in fsx as per setup and I can set my cameras ok using the ezdok control panel the problem comes when I want to go up and down from within FSX.
I can use the arrow keys to go forward and backward and side to side,but if I try to go up and down with the page up and page down keys I am switched to external views or tower view.
I have discovered that if I right click on the screen to bring up the list of different views available I can use the page up and page down keys to go up and down but as soon as I come out of that option then I'm back to it changing views.
One other strange thing is that when setting up the keys for ezdok my page up and page down keys show as the home and end key.
My other problem that is able to live with is that I cannot see what my zoom level is set at when setting up camera zooms.
In fsx i can zoom in and out with + and - to get various distances but in ezdok it sits at 0.4 zoom and although Ican use the forward key I can't change the zoom level.
So does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers

Pete Little

Hi try V1.16 i had problems with V.17

My keys for up and down are set to my saitek yoke, so can't comment on that! The rest are for the keyboard left right forward and back.

Have you tried deleting all keys in fsx and ezdok. Uninstall ezdok try V1.16 and re-assign the keys?

Vernon Howells

Same issue I had,

Open EZdok while in the Sim,

Click on each view ( Virtual, Aircraft etc..)

While clicking on these look top right to see if there is a keyboard assignment in the "keyb" shortcut box if there is highlight it and hit Esc key, ( Make sure its not a key you need )

Fixed my same issue, Hope it helps you.

As Driver170 stated,

I had to switch back to 1.16 as well.

In fsx i can zoom in and out with + and - to get various distances but in ezdok it sits at 0.4 zoom and although Ican use the forward key I can't change the zoom level.

As far as I can tell, ezdok accepts the zoom change via the mouse wheel only and when in config mode (ding sound can be heard).

As for the up/down keys, it seems like those very keys are defined somewhere else, not only in ezdok. Can you check that or try some completely different key commends to avoid mentioned double assignment? I would assume that something else has priority over ezdok's keys, hence the behaviour.

Thanks for the info guys

I have had another look at the key bindings and still found no conflicts but I have set page up and down as up and down in fsx which seems to work and as yet have found no problems within ezdok,so will see what happens!! over time

One thing I have thought of is that it may infact it  maybe my keyboard which is quite old and I can't find the proper drivers for it so although a long shot I suppose its possible.

Pete Little