Sign in to follow this  
BabtridgeMcJoystick

Mr Machado is the Bomb

Hello 

Just thought I would say hello ^_^  I have lurked for a bit, mainly on the techie forums as I am building a new rig (needs to be capable of many things, but FSX is one :lol:  ). I am in my thirties and have played 'normal' games since I was a kid / teen - C64, Amiga 500, then later moving to PC and FPS etc in around 2001 after a break for women, beer, rock and roll, and university! I started getting into RTS a while ago, and liked all the hardware, which seemed to lead me onto ... flight sims! Tim Stone at Rock, Paper Shotgun was a big reason I got into sims too, convincing me to try out DCS - he's one of the best things on that site.

Eventually I decided to take the plunge with commercial aviation, and finally found the "Lessons" tab in FSX! I have been working through the Machado flight school, and just got my first landing certificate! It was so well done, it felt really good! He even mentioned singing Top Gun! (Is there a mod to actually put that in lol)

I know its an old game, and I am not running any upgrade or graphics packs until I get my new rig, but what a sense of satisfaction and of really having learned something! Up til now I have just kind of been splashing about in sims, such as FSX, X-Plane and DCS World, but I felt like I really wanted to properly learn to fly. Now it feels like I am!  :wub:

Anyway, I look forward to meeting with you all and learning with you, veterans and newbs alike!

Babtridge

Hello Babtridge, and welcome.

I have to admit I rather enjoyed my stint with Rod, in FS9 in my case. I'm tempted now to rerun a few lessons just for the nostalgia value.

Don't let anyone here hear you say that FSX is old though! Try Flight Unlimited - even that still has a small diehard following.

D

haha thanks for the welcome and sorry for calling FSX old  :lol: Its new to me anyway lol

Welcome - tons can be learned here

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard :)

I feel daft having made an anonymous name now. Maybe I will look into changing my name at some point :D Or I may just change my name by deed poll to Babtridge McJoystick.

Cheers

Ross :)

Thanks Richard :)

I feel daft having made an anonymous name now. Maybe I will look into changing my name at some point :D Or I may just change my name by deed poll to Babtridge McJoystick.

Cheers

Ross :)

Your welcome any issues just ask - that's what we are here for :)

Rich Sennett