Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

XP Question from Someone whos been away for a while

I have been a heavy user of Xplane for a while, but the last year or so, I got a little bored with siming in general and took a break, got into other outdoor type hobbies. Now, that winter is just around the corner, Im getting my favorite indoor hobby set up (well maybe my second favorite indoor hobby LOL).

Anyhow, some things have changed since last flying XP10 and I have updated my install to the latest. But I feel out of the loop on certain things that have developed since then.  What is this Airport Gateway? Are these lego brick airports automatically installed into X-plane or do I need to download each one that I want, and put them in?  How do thes airports interact if you already have a payware or fovorite version of the airport?

Thanks for any info.

Rob

The airports come with Xplane so you do not need to download. They don't interact as your stuff in customised scenery takes preference.

The gateway is where you can upload your airports provided they abide by some basic rules and in the long term it will provide a much more populated Xplane.

So feel free to enhance a couple of your local aiports and upload ;)

Was wondering where you disappeared to, Rob.  Nice to see you back again.

Thanks,  Ive updated my PC a little bit and looking forward to getting more active in X-plane again.

Nice to see a lot of the same people here.

Rob