Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

26 FREE DC3 Liveries now Available

Hi Good People,

Edward and I have finally drawn a line on the Default Microsoft DC3 texture developments for the Ford Tri-Motor Project.

Started off with just 10 to be done and ended up with 26 comprehensive, unique and I hope visually enjoyable liveries for your simulation enjoyment.

These textures will work with both the FS2004 and the FSX versions.

There are 17 liveries available - originally planned as the total :-)

All-DC3s.jpg

- but then we got carried away and added another 9 as a BONUS pack of liveries.

In the Bonus Pack area are some SPECIAL liveries - created as a tribute to the sites THAT have tolerated

our forum posts graciously over the years.

They include (in no specific order) SIM-OUTHOUSE.COM - FLIGHTSIM.COM - AVSIM.COM - SIMVIATION.COM

Four.jpg

Plus a tribute to PCPilot and Microsoft - just for visual enjoyment.

Two.jpg

And to round it off - two DC3 repaint tinkers for the late 1940's - (outside the Ford Project era) but we think worthy of sharing with the community.

Two-more.jpg

And there is a nice LOUD fictional United States Airways livery also available as a tribute to the country of origin for the DC3 - you can check her out on the web page.

Where do you get all of these great FREE liveries - why of course at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net

Click on the Other Aircraft Button and scroll down to the DC3 Link

Enjoy

Regards

Edward C. Moore and Garry J. Smith
Your Ford Tri-Motor Project Team - keeping history alive.

Garry, this looks like another great set+1! I am most interested in the Air India and Air America version. Unfortunately I am in Scotland (well actually fortunately from a real life view) so I can't get them. I don't have FS on my laptop - mabe it is time I got round to doing it!

Great idea doing the sim site liveries!

Take care and best wishes!

Sascha

Hi Mate,

Thanks - glad you like the Set+1 :-) - the Air India and the Air America versions are some of my best (so far) tinkers with the alpha shine and metal effect for this girl.

All of the stuff available on the Ford Tri-Motor Site is downloadable anywhere in the world - but as you say - no use downloading them if you don't have FS installed on your laptop :-)

Regards mate.

Thanks Garry - this is a really significant contribution for those of us who love the Gooney bird