Sign in to follow this  
aldox62

Land scenery depicted while flying over water ?

Hi all,

a few days ago I setup an LFPG-KSFO long haul filght. PMDG 777-200, ASN for weather, REX Overdrive for textures.

Flight plan has been loaded to the plane and to ASN, weather theme set in FSX as Active Sky Next generated dynamic theme.

At a certain point during the flight, I realized I'd be flying over water before reaching the Canada coast but I noticed the depicted scenery at that same time was winter land instead, eg country fields with snow and some straight roads.

I switched the view to map view, zoomed out just to discover that the red cross representing the plane is located at the center of an almost rectangular shape characterized by darker colors. The rectangular shape moves as well so that the plane is always at the center.

No problem when the plane is flying over land, as land scenery is depicted, but when the plane goes flying over water still land scenery is depicted and that is NOT right (except in case the Hudson Bay water is already totally frozen in this season of the year...) !!

Any idea on what the rectangular shape could represent ? May it be the earth surface portion around the plane influenced by ASN ?

I cannot post a picture now, will do as soon as possible

Kind regards,

Aldo

If you're an UTX user, re-run the configurator tool.