Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

777 Thrust reverse bug still persistent in SP1c

I also got a final feedback from support.

The subject has been passed on to the next PMDG department.

So from support to developmnet I guess.

Maybe a next service pack will make it easier to use hardware axis for separate reverse thrust.

If not, the way I have my setup programmed now with FSUIPC (see above, post 66) works great for both automatic as well as manual landings.

Ps....the problem I had with the left reverser (it would open up but then restow again immediately) was because of a broken potentio meter in my throttle quadrant. I replaced it and now al is fine.

Rob Robson

I have a throttle reverse problem with my Aerosoft a-319… And yes they use a "unique" FADEC.

There seems to be a correlation between these problems and Aerosoft's and PMDG's implementation of the throttle and reverse-thrust...

but I'm wondering, because FSUIPC seems to be a common thread between:

FS/Prepar3d common throttle code problems ;and

Hardware Control manufacturers;and

Aircraft publishers ...

...and probably many more areas, Pete Dowson, seems to have a handle on all things related to control of our Sims...and therefore a common area from which all of us should be working.

Just blue skying.

Regards to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I don't think Aerosoft simulate flight idle, unlike PMDG. That is where the 777 and 737 reverse selection problems originate. FSUIPC is not necessarily involved as PMDG do not use it as an interface.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I don't think Aerosoft simulate flight idle, unlike PMDG. That is where the 777 and 737 reverse selection problems originate. FSUIPC is not necessarily involved as PMDG do not use it as an interface.

Yes that is correct. Support has let me know that a full EEC can not be simulated in FSX and thus flight idle can only be achieved by advancing the TL a little.

Rob Robson

I don't think ...FSUIPC is not necessarily involved as PMDG do not use it as an interface.

Re FSUIPC & PMDG...Ahhhhh but the users certainly do!

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Re FSUIPC & PMDG...Ahhhhh but the users certainly do!

Yes, but it is not why there is a problem with thrust reverse. That is entirely to do with the flight idle simulation.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Exactly my point… I'm betting there are some FSUIPC/lua script kiddies out there that could work the problem out even if PMDG hasn't with their products…

Chas

Exactly my point… I'm betting there are some FSUIPC/lua script kiddies out there that could work the problem out even if PMDG hasn't with their products…

Chas

Then I think you don't understand what the problem is.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Chas

No they can not. No lua script is going to change the fact that PMDG777 flight idle advances the TLs. And that in turn results in reversers not extending in some cases/conditions if hardware axis are used for reversers.

The only way to consistantly make the reversers work after landing is by holding F2 a little while.

I do this by having FSUIPC send an F2 command....see post66....but it is nothing more than a way to bypass a problem. Not a fix.

Rob Robson