Sign in to follow this  
fs4fun

RealityXP Integration

I'm wondering if I did something wrong, I ran the program that adds the RXP GNS 530, and it changed the panel.cfg, but the VC model is still for the Alabeo GPS and the click spots are in the wrong place. Clicking FPL gets you VNAV on the RXP screen, the inner/outer knob click spots are in the wrong place as is the on/off switch and that makes it difficult to use without using it as a pop-up.

Is the extent of the "integration" just editing the panel.cfg? I was hoping for something closer to the seamless integration that RealAir does.

Otherwise I quite like the C177, especially the RG, so I'm hoping the GPS integration will be fixed.

Barry Friedman

I'm not at my FS machine right now and haven't flown the Cardinal in a while, but I had no issues that i can recall with the 530 integration.  In fact, one of my first flights was into KRDD hand flying the RNAV (GPS) RWY 34 LPV approach using it.  All of the buttons and knobs were properly lined up and functional in the VC.

Sounds like something glitched in your install.  I'd try running 'ala530177.exe' to put things back, and then re-try 'rxp530177.exe'.

Scott

Scott, thanks very much for the help. I'll try your suggestion over the weekend and report back.  :smile:

Barry Friedman

Good luck Barry.  Hope you get it squared away.  BTW, I did get a chance to load the plane just a bit ago and verify that my memory was correct.  Everything does indeed work as it should on my RG.

A couple of other things if this is the first time you've installed RXP in either Carenado or Alabeo planes - unlike RealAir one thing they do NOT do is build an rxpgns.ini file for you.  You'll need to either build one or copy one in from another plane.  And if you want clicking on the GPS to trigger the popup instead of just using Shift-1, you'll need to disable instrument reflections (it's a bug that shows up in some Carenado/Alabeo planes, including this one) and to make sure that you set ident=xx in window00 in panel.cfg to match what you've set for popup=xx in your rxpgns.ini.

Scott

Scott, thanks for the help. I removed/added the RXP and configured an rxpgns.ini file and it's working reasonably well now.

Oddly, I can toggle the popup with the reflections on, but I need to click near the top edge of the gps.

Thanks again!

Barry Friedman