Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Would random failures on provide more realism?

Hi guys,

Been flying the 777 and still no failures or anything..

I have it on X4 and I think my let down may be the fact i fly different liveries.

Would it be more realistic to fly with random failures on? 

IRL I work for an airline with a lot of old aircraft and we have tech issues everyday (as most airlines) I am wanting to see them a little more often.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex-

One flaw in the way we approach time building on the individual tail numbers is that it becomes a very rare event that you might see something break, especially if you fly more than a single livery.

There is a reason why we chose this approach, and it will come into play in the relatively near future- but in the mean time downloading and installing a new livery is essentially like picking up a brand new 777 at Boeing:  You really aren't going to see much...  Something now or then- but not with any regularity.

Even using the acceleration feature- you would have a hard time keeping up with the service life time accumulation of an actual airframe.

I would try using random if you are looking to simulate things that are a bit older.  You might want to tinker with it a bit when not flying a long/serious/VA flight so that you don't get overwhelmed with flashing lights and horns, buzzers, sirens and callouts. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Just a side Question.

When we update with SP´s does this counter also reset ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Alex-

One flaw in the way we approach time building on the individual tail numbers is that it becomes a very rare event that you might see something break, especially if you fly more than a single livery.

There is a reason why we chose this approach, and it will come into play in the relatively near future- but in the mean time downloading and installing a new livery is essentially like picking up a brand new 777 at Boeing:  You really aren't going to see much...  Something now or then- but not with any regularity.

Even using the acceleration feature- you would have a hard time keeping up with the service life time accumulation of an actual airframe.

I would try using random if you are looking to simulate things that are a bit older.  You might want to tinker with it a bit when not flying a long/serious/VA flight so that you don't get overwhelmed with flashing lights and horns, buzzers, sirens and callouts. 

Thanks for the response Robert, appreciated greatly.

I think I may turn on random failures and bump up the service rate to 8x + 

There is a reason why we chose this approach, and it will come into play in the relatively near future

I'm really intrigued, prepared to expand on this point? ;)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Alex-

Yes, I'd be happy to expand on that point.

One of the [Message Garbled] should be very [Message Garbled] and the additional inclusion of [Message Garbled] excited about it.

Gonna be cool, huh?

Michael-

In theory- not the counter does not reset.  The time is stored in a unique file that gets created on your machine when you run a new livery...  We intentionally do not overwrite it.  These files are located within the PMDG/PMDG 777X/Aircraft directory...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Alex-

Yes, I'd be happy to expand on that point.

One of the [Message Garbled] should be very [Message Garbled] and the additional inclusion of [Message Garbled] excited about it.

Gonna be cool, huh?

'Station calling, readability strength one, broken. Could you repeat your message again?'

(Ok, ok, understood. Will wait for your ''unbroken'' message soon)

Alex Ridge