Sign in to follow this  
avallillo

G-1000 User Waypoints and mesages on start up

I recently installed the latest iteration of the G-1000 panel, after having uninstalled the previous version.

I now get messages on FSX startup about multiple items of some sort having the same names.  When I click each message sequentially, then FSX starts apparently normally.

The messages reappear after selecting a Mindstar G-1000 equipped airplane.  Again, clicking each iteration of the message appears to clear the way for normal operation.  Is there

something wrong with the installation?

On another topic, I would like to create some user waypoints.  The only way I can find to do this is by using the MFD cursor.  Whereas in the real thing you can create them via the User Waypoint page of

the Waypoint chapter, that does not seem to work here - I cannot get the cursor beyond the waypoint name.

In addition, I cannot delete any user waypoints - the page menu has no content; no "Delete User Waypoint" items.  Is this just part of the way things work on this simulation, or am I missing something here?

Tony Vallillo

Sounds like you have multiple panel definitions of the aircraft with the G1000. I suspect that happened because you uninstalled before installing. Based on that, you need to open a ticket by contacting us via our support email.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On another topic, I would like to create some user waypoints.  The only way I can find to do this is by using the MFD cursor.  Whereas in the real thing you can create them via the User Waypoint page of

the Waypoint chapter, that does not seem to work here - I cannot get the cursor beyond the waypoint name.

Once you enter the name you must press the ENT key, then you can move through the other fields.

In addition, I cannot delete any user waypoints - the page menu has no content; no "Delete User Waypoint" items.  Is this just part of the way things work on this simulation, or am I missing something here?

When you have a user waypoint highlighted... press the softkey labeled DELETE... I believe it's #8.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'll try the delete.

When I press enter after entering the name, nothing happens.

TV                                                                 

I just tested here without issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I may have to uninstall and reinstall again.  There are a number of problems with the panel as it is, including GFC700 will not capture altitude, no Flight director on GFC700 panel, A/P won't respond to heading select mode on occasions, and A/P does not disconnect - you get the tone but the A/P is still engaged. Only way to kill A/P was turn off avionics bus switch (this is realistic, by the way, since killing avionics bus 2 is one way to shut off the A/P in the real airplane!)

Does uninstalling via the windows control panel take care of everything, or are there additional deletions that need to be done?

I will reiterate that you need to contact us via our support email. You have something seriously wrong and it's best at this point that you get in touch with our support staff to take the time to go through everything with you.

It will save you a great deal of heartache.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... we had a project that kept us tied up until midnight last night (15hrs)... and today we had another all day project. If you don't hear from them within 48hrs... let me know... I'll poke someone with a sharp stick.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

In order not to create a new Topic, I'm just going to hijack this old topic, since there was no answer delivered to the problem:

I too can't create user waypoints - I go to the user waypoint page, enter the desired name, and press enter, but upon pressing enter, nothing happens... The other functions of the G1000 work fine... Any suggestions?

What did work, was to create a user waypoint using the cursor on the moving map of the MFD, then editing that user waypoint to match the LONG/LAT or PLACE/BEARING/DISTANCE of the waypoint you actually wanted to create in the first place. It's a good workaround, but I guess not the way it's supposed to be?