Sign in to follow this  
ic2779

Sweetfx stopped working

Hello

I have been using Seetfx with P3Dv2 with great results through all versions up to 2.4.

Now all off a sudden it stopped working, it loads but as soon as I click the P3D menue the effect is gone.

I have rolled bach the Nvidia driver but it didn´t make any difference.

Any ideas?

Wolfgang 

Hi

I forgot to add: Win7 64bit, GTX780ti Prepa3dv2.4

Wolfgang

Nope. Basically, YMMV when it comes to P3D 2 and SFX. On Win 8, it's even worse because P3D2 will crash upon bringing up the menu bar. There's a totally new effects framework coming soon and that should solve plenty of trouble, including for P3D 2 users. When that happens, I will update this forum and my site accordingly.

Thanks

I did a fresh install of P2D and got Sweetfx working again, untill I installed some addons.

I suspect the A2A core update causing this.

Wolfgang

i have the same trouble !

With the first start or restart of Prepar3D SweetFX (or FlightFX interface) is working fine, but if i choose some P3D menu, or taskbar or change from fullscreen to windowed mode it´s stops working and can not be activate again (with scroll or some other definded button) so i have to restart P3D !

I use tripple screen (nvidia sorround), WIN7 64bit, Geforce 780 Titan !

@Wolfgan -> also reverting back to older Nvidia drivers didn´t make any difference ?? that was the next step because with this new nvidia drivers a have troubles with full screen and some othe issues (with nvidia sorround)!

it´s very sad, becuse with SweetFX P3D looks so much better, i can´t fly without again,  thank you for this very nice tool !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Hello

I got mine working perfectly again, I uninstalled the Windows update KB2670838 that did the trick.

Works perfect again.

Wolfgang