Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

Yaw damper switch and do I need to upddate?

I just bought the Phenom 100 a couple days ago and so far I love it. I feel like an idiot though as I get a "YD Fail" in my primary multy function diplay and can't seem to find a Yaw Damper switch in the cockpit or the manual. I think I should be turning on the YD at cruise altitude. 

Two quick questions:

1) Is there a yaw damper switch?

2) I bought it on Nov 1 2014. In Carenado's website under "my account" it shows an upadate for this aircraft is available. If I remember correctly from past experiance I should not need this update, as would have been put into any new downloads after the update's date many months ago, is that correct?  

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Hi.

There is a Yaw Damper switch yeah.

Just look up above the automatic flight controls, beneath the windshield. You'll see the following buttons in a line - AP NAV HDG AP and YD. The YD button is the Yaw Damper.

Nige

Great thanks, I see it. I have used the AP a couple times and just must have missed seeing the YD right beside the AP master button.

I find that it's too bad these buttons in the AP panel don't seem to indicate if they are turned on or off. It appears you have to actually look at the multi-function displays to verify it. Which also means you have to know where to look on those those displays to see it, there is a lot of info on them. It's probably something you learn and get used to, but I fly a lot steam guage aircraft so I'm not as fimilair with glass panels.

BTW if anybody else is wondering, the update is not needed for me as I got the latest version when I did the purchase download from Carenado.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars