Sign in to follow this  
Frank Zych

Fly Heading

ATC is telling me to fly heading 065. I start flying heqading 065 and stay on that course but the ATC keeps telling me to fly heading 065. Is this nomal  for the ATC to keep repeating  me to fly heading 065?

Frank Zych

Real World - no.  Once on assigned heading they won't repeat - unless of course you're not truly on the assigned heading and real world ATC normally 'kind enough' to ask "say heading please".  Which is code for you're on the wrong heading.  

Anyway, with FS9/FSX built in ATC I've not gotten the repeating request you have but I have gotten some heading only to be turned back to original heading once established on the just assigned heading.  Then once back on that heading (the original one) ATC tells me to fly the other heading.

All this said I don't really use FS ATC - just self vector for approaches.

James 

First, make sure fsuipc is current from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Make sure in FS defaults magnetic heading is set up for your instrumentation, not true course.

RC default variance for heading is 15 degrees. If you are within that tolerance RC should not repeat the request. It will if you have not acknowledged the command, however.

If you are not near a checkpoint, wait for the aircraft to fly the heading before acknowledging but don't delay the ack too much.

Use the information in the status window to assist.