Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Another "what can I expect with my system"

Hello everyone,

Sorry for yet another one of these kind of posts.  I've been doing some research and searching prior to posting this and have found a lot of useful information scattered across various postings.

From what I can tell, it looks like I could at least run P3D.  My biggest question of course is, how well could I run it?  I have an i5 2500k OC to 4.2 or maybe even 4.6(can't remember right now and not able to check at the moment), 8G RAM, GTX 560Ti 1G on Win7 64-bit. I know I definitely won't be able to go crazy with my settings by any means and I'm not expecting miracles.  But, I am hoping to at least run at comparable settings to what I have in FSX and get some of the benefits that P3D has over FSX.

I know there is the return policy so I can of course just try it and see.  But, it's not really a matter of 'if' I get P3D.  Just when.  I will build a new system in 1Q2015 and then my questions here become moot.  Just curious though if I could get away with getting it now, getting some benefits on my current system and then later I will get the full reward at full system upgrade time.

The biggest benefits I'd love to gain in the switch are cloud shadows and the autogen popping being better or even eliminated.  Of course too, I am hoping for a smooth experience.  I don't go by FPS really.  Just want it to be smooth.  Would it be possible?  Are there any others out there running P3D on a similar system?  The add ons that I wish to run are the Aerosoft Airbus X, ASN, REX4 for textures, GSX, FSGenesis for mesh(may get FSPilots), FTX Global, FTX OpenLC Europe, FTX Vector and the various 3rd party airports that I have(i.e. FlyTampa, Aerosoft, Flightbeam, FSDT, UK2000, etc).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really appreciate any responses/help you can provide.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi Kevin -

You could definitely get decent results from P3D with your system. Your video card is at the low end but if you're getting 4.2 or 4.6 on the CPU, it will be ok.

Just remember, if you put your settings in P3D at the same place as FSX, you are almost 50% higher. Best bet is to let P3D build the cfg file and leave it alone. No tweaks. Depending on your add ons you should get decent results. Look for smoothness NOT FPS. Many users run P3D in the 20 - 22fps range with butter smooth results - no need for more.

Just get it and enjoy -

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors