Sign in to follow this  
Charles Farley

Route will not display in LNAV if I load a saved route - J41

I could not find in anything in search for this problem in search.  If I enter the route directly into the fmc by inputting each way point everything works fine.  But if I save this route and load it in a new flight, even after restarting FSX, the flight plan shows up fine in the fmc but no route is displayed in the LNAV screen.  I have re-installed the airplane but no help.  Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Tony P

Tony, full names here please.

Not a bug that I know of... make sure you have the ND in LNAV mode and that your flight plan contains both origin and destination.  It's been awile since I flew this beauty but do recall that the FMS is not as intuitive as modern ones due to it's vintage. It's quite an early piece of automation. Keep checking your original flightplan against the retrieved one, you'll find the quirk.

Dan Downs KCRP

I could not find in anything in search for this problem in search.  If I enter the route directly into the fmc by inputting each way point everything works fine.  But if I save this route and load it in a new flight, even after restarting FSX, the flight plan shows up fine in the fmc but no route is displayed in the LNAV screen.  I have re-installed the airplane but no help.  Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Tony P

To get the route you loaded to display on the map you need to go to the NAV page and select the first leg. It should already show AUTO, just hit enter a couple of time until the from and to fields are filled in correctly. Then the map should show the route.

ki9cAAb.jpg

just hit enter a couple of time until the from and to fields are filled in correctly.

Thanks Kevin! My poor memory, I knew it had something to do with the TO/FM but now I remember that quirk. I had a lot of fun with this product and need to install it on my new build and get some winter flying KDEN-KASE. Fun!

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks to both of you for the help.  Kevin your suggestion solved the problem.  I did not think that selecting the first leg in the NAV page was necessary to make the route display but it is required.

Tony Petrowsky