Sign in to follow this  
CFII_Carl

Need a Little Help...AIRAC data and magdec.bgl

Howdy all,

Seems like I've run into a bit of a problem and am not sure as to what's causing it.  I mostly fly the iFly 737 and have recently updated my AIRAC data to 1411 through Navigraph and it worked as it always does.  Now, however whenever I fly I notice that my aircraft heading and the magnetic heading of the runway assigned do not match up...sometimes off by as much as 10 degrees or more....and it doesn't just happen w/ the iFly...it happens w/ all aircraft, just more noticeable in the iFly due to the FMC route is off quite a bit.  I have since changed my intersection data and magnetic variation data by changing the magdec.bgl from the latest back to the original off the FS9 CDs.  The crazy part is once I change it...everything works as advertised for that sim session only.  Once I quit and restart flight sim, the error comes back no matter which magdec.bgl or AIRAC file I'm using.

The workaround I'm using now is to change the magdec.bgl prior to each sim session in order for things to function correctly--I've never had to do this before and I'm not sure as to what's causing it.

Any ideas?

Carl

It may be an addon scenery you added that is causing it.

I believe one solution is to create a new addon scenery folder called for example Magdec. Put your magdec file in a scenery folder within it.. Then add to the scenery library and keep near the top (high priority).

I am not 100% sure of this solution so hopefully someone else will confirm.

Peter Schluter

Peter,

I tried this and it is now working...the latest scenery I added was the new KAUS by Imaginesim--not sure if that's the culprit or not, but for now...all is working again.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Carl