Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

BBS A330- problems?

From what I understand, the BBS A330 is flyable, but it is not without it's problems. I have been considering picking it up as the A330 is my favorite widebody and the Aerosoft A330/340 won't be available for another few years probably, but I would like to to what is wrong with the aircraft before I make the final jump to purchase it. Thanks in advance for your input! 

Well, the flight dynamics/FBW are quite bad and a lot of the systems aren't functioning. At least last time I tried it it took full left / right aileron to even perform a turn with decent rate. Personally I think even Wilco Airbus V2 is better option right now. 

I'd say wait for the devs to bring it up to v0.80. Currently, its sitting on v0.66 and like FScamp mentioned, it isn't worth the price as it stands. They (the devs) have said that they are working on an updated VC and more system functionality but nobody has an idea when that will ever be released, if ever., although their Facebook page does say 'Soon' for a few months now.

I would advise you to take a look at the CLS A330 and perhaps merge it with Wilco VC.

I'd say wait for the devs to bring it up to v0.80. Currently, its sitting on v0.66 and like FScamp mentioned, it isn't worth the price as it stands. They (the devs) have said that they are working on an updated VC and more system functionality but nobody has an idea when that will ever be released, if ever., although their Facebook page does say 'Soon' for a few months now.

I would advise you to take a look at the CLS A330 and perhaps merge it with Wilco VC.

I actually do have both the CLS A330 and the Wilco. Merging the two is actually a good idea as the Wilco's model is cartoonish to put it nicely and the CLS is essentially a default aircraft systems-wise. Is there any guides available on how to merge them? I've never even attempted such a merger before.

I've never even attempted such a merger before.

I've merged it before but don't really have it anymore. I can PM you the details if you want to give it a go yourself or I can merge it locally and send it to you, not sure if the latter breaks any rules though.

I've merged it before but don't really have it anymore. I can PM you the details if you want to give it a go yourself or I can merge it locally and send it to you, not sure if the latter breaks any rules though.

If you could PM me how to do it that would be great. Sending me the files might be against both product's EULAs and I'd like to know how to do it myself anyway.

As a side note (as I do not have the BBS bus):

the Aerosoft A330/340 won't be available for another few years probably

Aerosoft is already woring on the A330, so there is very high probability it will be out next year (which, all in all, starts in less than two months).

As for the Aerosoft A340, it is not planned at all. Though people change their minds, so who knows.... :wink:

You got it, I'll PM you the instructions.

EDIT : Sent

Thank you very much Karan, I greatly appreciate it.

Aerosoft is already woring on the A330, so there is very high probability it will be out next year (which, all in all, starts in less than two months).

As for the Aerosoft A340, it is not planned at all. Though people change their minds, so who knows.... :wink:

That's good news. I certainly hope it's out early next year. It had better include wingflex though  :P