Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Change in flight model from FSX?

Hi all!

I'm a big fan of vintage aircraft and have been spending the last few days trying to get some great old FSX addons to work in P3D v2.4, namely

Craig Richardson's beautiful Jeannin Taube (http://www.classicwings.net/jeannin_taube.html)

and the FS2004 Curtiss Jenny converted for FSX.

Problem is, I can't get these aircraft off the ground in P3D. In FSX there is no problem. Full throttle and you're up in the air. In P3D full throttle and the aircraft just sits there.

Could this mean a considerable change in the flight model in P3D?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi all!

I'm a big fan of vintage aircraft and have been spending the last few days trying to get some great old FSX addons to work in P3D v2.4, namely

Craig Richardson's beautiful Jeannin Taube (http://www.classicwings.net/jeannin_taube.html)

and the FS2004 Curtiss Jenny converted for FSX.

Problem is, I can't get these aircraft off the ground in P3D. In FSX there is no problem. Full throttle and you're up in the air. In P3D full throttle and the aircraft just sits there.

Could this mean a considerable change in the flight model in P3D?

Don't think so.  I fly a whole fleet of FS9 and FSX aircraft with a virtual airline.  They all perform just fine. Don't think P3D is the culprit!

All aircraft, apart from these very old vintage aircraft with very weak engines, perform well on my P3D setup as well.

Something must be changed, either in regards to engine performance or ground friction. Beats me.

I notice it with theC172

Which is a real pity.  In Prepar3d it will not run up to 23000 on the ground run up and this shows when you attempt to take off.

Failure to meet 23000 the ground run makes the aircraft legally unflyable and I can see why.

Harry Woodrow

Old topic, but here's the deal:

I tried recently to reinstall the Curtiss Jenny (A default FS2004 aircraft converted for FSX) in P3Dv3 and it ran fine! I taxied around ORBX's new KFHR scenery, took off and had a blast. So obviously it isn't the flight model.

Then I did a reinstall of P3Dv3, and after installing the Jenny, she doesn't move from the runway. I give full power, but she barely crawls forward. The problem is back. I tried to install the same aircraft in to FSX, and no problem there whatsoever. 

I've tried disabeling the joystick, changed the realism settings, but still, the Jenny won't move. No problem whatsoever with any other aircraft. Very strange. Can anyone think what might be the problem? 

I had a similar issue with the Twin Otter (not fully P3D V3 compatible, but does work well in P3D V3) ... I believe I solved the issue by doing an engine cut (both), restarted Left engines manually (not Ctrl+E), moved L prop and L throttle to full - aircraft moved, then manual start of right engine and go fly.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob. Tried a manual engine shut-down and restart, but it made no difference. 

Tried installing the same aircraft into P3D v2.5 and it showed the same problem. In v2.5 the virtual cockpit animations didn't work either, so no ability to use the magneto, starter and fuel valve buttons. 

What I can't wrap my head around is why I had the aircraft working in v3.1 during my last install... 

Oh forgot to mention, yes the P3D Flight model/physics have changed ... nothing drastic and certainly nothing to do with this specific issue.  I don't know how many changes LM made, but one change was more altitude loss at higher bank angles ... there maybe more.

For the TwinOtter you need to make sure you have the correct version of SimConnect client installed.

Cheers, Rob.

Solved the problem by editing the aircraft.cfg:

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 1.0

TO:

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 1.2