Sign in to follow this  
gpry

SCENERY.CFG file error

I've just installed FSX into my new computer running Windows 7.  I've been installing new scenery.

Now, when I start up FSX, I get the message "SCENERY.CFG file error.  Invalid Remote Scenery

path in Scenery Area.115. Click OK to continue."

Where do I find Scenery Area 115 and what should I do when I get there?

gpry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It means it cannot find the file location for Scenery Area 115. So you can open the Scenery.cfg (it's a hidden file in C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX). Open that up with a text editor like notepad. Then look for Scenery Area 115. See what it belongs to. If you know the scenery is no longer installed, then you can delete the area or go into your Scenery Library after you startup fsx and scroll down to the area and delete it there. I use a utility called Scenery Config Editor (search Google). It will fix errors like this or give you the option to reattach the scenery to your Scenery.cfg.

Best regards,

Thank you for your prompt reply, Jim.  Problem!   I have done as you suggest - in my case

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/ FSX /Scenery.   Opening this file reveals all sorts of

folders  (scenery,texture) but no mention at all of a cfg.folder!   Have I gone to the right

location?

gpry

I have the same problem except mine is area 116

Directly Under FSX main folder you will see  a bunch of folders from addon scenery to weather you dont touch those keep scrolling down until you see scenary config

thats the one you want in there you will see all area from 1 to 116.

I am missing 116 dont know how to get  it back