Sign in to follow this  
AF330

A320 FCU Knobs

Hi everyone!

Let's say that this is my current situation, on the photo bellow, but A/P and A/THR are ON. My current IAS is 280 knots.

When we push the knobs on the FCU, it goes to manage mode.But I had a question for the knob for speed and HDG....

1)  Ok,

we are in managed mode, FCU is showing --- for speed. We now turn the knob, but we don't pull. Will it revert to selective mode or will it keep managing our last speed? (When we will turn the knob, it will show our current IAS, 280kts)

2) Same question with HDG!

FCU.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The big dots stay on, the speed and hdg won't change.

Edit:

When you pull the knob, the manual input will be taken into affect.

Thanks!

I know what happens if we pull the knob! But I am sure that we can turn the knob in managed mode..... Do you think that it reverts to selective mode (we are not pulling the knob, it is automatic) or will it manage 280 kts (our last speed when we turned the knob).

So we will be able to read 280kts with a white dot (or another speed BUT it is still managing 280kts - till we pull the knob)

Thanks a lot....;)

If you just turn the knob without pulling or pushing nothing happens and after a set period of time. The dashes reappear and clear out what you set.

Thanks!

Got it!

On the FMA, when you can read ALT, are you flying the plane manually? Because you have 4 modes for altitude:

- CLB (managed)

- OP CLB (Selective)

- V/S (vertical speed)

-ALT!

Thanks!