Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Automated head movement to assist taxiing and banking in a turn

I fly mainly rotary aircraft low and fast and continually bank here there, and everywhere following the contours of the land. This looks like a great addition for me to utilise as opposed to using my hat switch or twisting my head with track ir. My two questions being, would this be beneficial to me and are the automated head turns directly proportional to the angle of bank?  Thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.

The AHM is configurable, see our Live Camera documentation. You will also find the OpusFSI Panning Sequences very useful indeed as these allow you to create useful head movements such as Look Left, Look Rught etc. which can also be triggered using a button or key sequence.

Stephen :-)

Thanks Stephen. I'm not so interested in the view via keystroke utility, as EZdok can achieve the same thing. I am solely looking at purchasing this for the 'auto head movement whilst banking option', and if it is configurable to suit my needs then all the better. BTW could you point me to your Live Camera documentation?

Keith Sandford.

You cannot run EZCA and Opus Live Camera together, they are NOT compatible it will just cause chaos.

Furthermore EZCA does not have Panning Sequences, nor does it have intelligently controlled 'real world' DHM turbulence. It also reduces the sim performance, users report between 3 and 6 FPS increase using the external OpusFSI program.

Live Camera documentation can be found here,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_live_camera.htm

You've misunderstood. I would never consider using both together. I am considering which one to purchase and the AHM is the selling point for me to buy your product. I just want to make sure it ticks all of the boxes for rotary pilots as well as for fixed wingers.

Could you point me to your documentation please?  

Keith Sandford.

Thanks Stephen. This looks amazing now I have read through the notes; the ability to fine tune head movements etc from the default is awesome news. I cannot wait to get this up and running, and feel safe in the knowledge that you are here to assist if I encounter any problems.

Keith Sandford.

Just one more thing, can I choose my own weather where I'm flying as opposed to real life? I prefer to be fogged in and snowing utilising precipitFX.

Keith Sandford.

Yes, you can use the Import METARs From File option in the Weather dialog.

Create your own text import file with a single GLOB METAR to define your desired weather.

Great, thanks. Just reading through the documentation now. Does this add-on require FSUIPC?

Keith Sandford.

We recommend FSUIPC4 and Opus makes limited use of the FSUIPC4 interface but does use it for all Dynamic Wind Control. So we highly recommend installing it on the sim, either the free or registered version will do. You should not use it for any weather related functions though, leave all that to Opus.