Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

Flickering Street Lights with UTx v2.0

When I turn on UTx v2.0 Night Lights the Street Lights all flicker in unison.  The UTx forum says it's a DX10 problem and to turn DX10 off.  I do like the feature and I could live with the problem but I would sooner turn the lighting feature off than turn DX10 off. 

Are they correct?  If so is this their problem or something in the Fixer that could be done?

Thanks

Rick S.

I don't have utx v2,

I understand from google that they are autogen lights, like FTX Global and so I would have thought that the effects fixes will not be relevant.

Are you seeing changes in light intensity or blocks of lights turning off and on in unison as the viewpoint changes?

I would perhaps try disabling bloom

Turn bloom off in game (remember you may need to reset TEXTURE MAX LOAD) and then as well in the Dx10SFcontroller bloom dialog set both HeadLights and Lights(ALpha/Halo) to "Always Off" -

Thanks for responding Steve, love your work.

Funny thing is, I haven't seen that problem resurface in the past few days?  I am in the middle of a complete FSX reload.  I had just loaded UTx when the problem arose so I naturally figured it had something to do with it.  I was flying over KCHA when I saw it.  Since, I have loaded several more programs; ASN, REX TD/HD, FSGlobal series and FTX Global/Vector/EU_openLC etc.

Flew over NYC and then KPDX yesterday and the night lights look fantastic; all was well again; except for a pesky haze condition I can't seem to get rid of.  I think ASN has changed my Cirrus_overcast03.bmp and won't put the original back!

Again, great product and glad to see you back,

Rick S.

Hi Rick,

do you know what was responsible of this issue?
I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it :(

Lucas