Sign in to follow this  
hesynergy

Loss of November's logbook.bin entries and Prepar3D exclusionary code THEMIDA

And looking for my logbook since I seem to have lost all of my November entries... I used PROCMON… And I get the error entry that mentions THEMIDA

Themida(Not Responding)

x A monitor program has been found running in your system.

Please, unload it from memory and restart your program

… Is this a virus or is it included in the V2.4 P3-D code? It shuts down prepar3-D v2.4.

Also ...am I not looking in the right place for my current logbook? I understand it to be in users/%username%/documents/Prepar3d v2 files/logbook.bin

Any help here?

Thanks in advance for speedy replies to my quandaries

Chas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

THEMIDA is an anti piracy program. TMK, it is NOT used in P3D but some developers use it to protect their code. The Flight1 GEX product uses it. It is possible that other Flight1 products do also BUT I do NOT KNOW that this is a fact.

Vic

THEMIDA is an anti piracy program. TMK, it is NOT used in P3D but some developers use it to protect their code. The Flight1 GEX product uses it. It is possible that other Flight1 products do also BUT I do NOT KNOW that this is a fact.Vic

If the Flight one is f@$king with my P3D or in any other program on my PC I've got to give some very strong consideration to deleting and demanding for refunds for everything I bought from them.

C

I understand the need to protect a product but IMHO, Themida is overkill. It prevents a legitimate user from running programs like ProcMon, etc to solve problems. Just because a product COULD be used to "crack" a program doesn't necessarily mean it will be uised that way every time.

A lot of times when I was beta testing various products, I often would send a process dump to the dev to help track down a problem. If a process with Themida is also running - I can no longer do that.

Again, I do not KNOW that F1 is causing your problem, I DO know that they use it in GEX.

Vic