Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAA_008

A380 From wilco... Please do your self a favour and dont Buy it.

Guest RsZ

Ok i got your point but not for 30$!!!

Guest SaVas

I bought it yesterday and while I agree it is incomplete and missing quite a bit, I never really consider any payware I have purchased a waste of money. Its more a learning experience.I agree with one of the above posters that this isnt made for the realism simmers with the 500 page manual, and 45 minutes it takes to program everything before take off, but I for one wanted an A380. granted I fly both types. The complex like PMDG 737NG and 800/900 addon, to the easy AlphaSim aircraft, to GA, to military, to helicopters. Is it worth the price? Not really. It needs a lot of work and exterior modelling is a bit...lax. The VC has limited "clickability" that matches the limited functioning of the 2D panels.I am positive that the A380 will be a popular aircraft in the near future in the sim world and extremely talented freeware and payware developers will create some gems that will be used and abused in our hangers, so my recommendation is to wait.This is an early payware release A380. It isnt perfect. Its a bit pricy for what you get, but its one of the handfuls available. Use your own discretion in purchasing it.I dont regret buying it as stated above I wanted an A380, and now I have one, and I give most payware companies the benefit of the doubt. Buy one and if I dont like it, I dont buy from them again. If I do, they have a customer for the life of my simming experience.Wilco needs to do A LOT of fixes to get me to buy from them again. On another forum, I equated payware purchase to buying a movie ticket. $35 for two, for an hour and a half with a box of candy, a bucket of popcorn, a large drink, and either a good movie or one that leaves you wondering why you bought it. Similar to my experience to buying an American car. Never again.$30 doesnt go very far in this world anymore. It fills my car with 3/4 of a tank of gas. Read my portion above about a movie ticket. It buys dinner for 2 occasionally at a decent restaurant or an entree at some 4 star dining establishment. It almost buys a bottle of good vodka or maybe a decent bottle of wine. Half of a 2 hour concert ticket. A chair arm at the symphony. The rest of the seat will cost you another $160. And in this case, an average at best payware of an airplane that just took its first real time flight. There will be better A380s eventually.

Guest M1st4Pr1m3

@ Wilco its only the truth that the Airbus A380 from you ir real ####.....nothing works well, there are 1.000.000.000 things missing!!!!!!FMC = #### = No V1 V2 & VR = No SID & STAR = like in the childhoodPrimary Headup Displays = good (smoothly) = but unreadeble... to small and pop up is ####Overhad Pannel = ####= cant start from cold and dark only when pressing STRG+E and thats not professional like you told us.....Plane Quality = ####= the quality of the paints for the aircraft are horrible.......The Panel = Not Good = all graphics are sooo bad and unreadeble = and the virtual cockpit looks unfinished and verry BadShame On You Wilco To Want Money For This Addon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ByeJacek

>Guys Ive just took this bird out again 4 X and I have to say>that its pure undiluted rubbish.>>Its just so poor, I want to cry, I cant even begin to come to>terms with the lack of any quality in this product. >>Let me break it down to you.>>1: Wrong Landing Gear>2: Wrong Rev Thrust animations and system (ONLY 2 ENGINES rev>thrust)>3: FMC is half done, No way to input Lat/LON>4: FMC Dosent Follow ALt and often not speed.>5: The push Pull feel of airbus, is almost non existent>6: Model Is a joke>7: Liverys are wrong / mistakes>8: Manual - Actually thers no need, as its like flying a>default plane>9: No laod editor / fuel Planner>10: You can only open 1 door>11: Auto Land is well.....PANTS, no flare>12: cant use manual speeds or Alt, must be conttroled by>Autopilot.>>>Wilco Should be ashamed of themselves>>I am not one to wish bad luck on people or nasty things, but>in this case if Wilco do not fix this joke of an aircraft,>then they deserve to go out of business period.>>PS before anybody states the obvious, Of course I have tried>the plane out more than 5 hours now, and everything mentioned>above happens over and over, so I cant see it as just being>me.>>Jason>I agree with you whole heartedly. I could not believe what piece of garbage this addon is. I asked for a refund but they refused stating, "We have got alot of good feedback on this product". I called them liars and said a person would have to be out of his/her mind to think this addon was good. I/We have been duped, ripped off. Wilco should be asshamed of themselves. They will NEVER get another cent of my money. NEVER!!!!

Guest M1st4Pr1m3

I think we should make a list with a list of all users who are not happy with the a380 bullsh.. addon....and then send it to a laywer or somethink like this that wilco can see how many people didnt like this addon.....This is a real fake from wilco and i think we all should get our money back bacause this is weak.....byeJacek Ciura

Guest davidvoogd

Getting lawyers involved in anything just makes the lawyer rich. This product looked like something that wouldn't be near to appealing to me, it looked like something with a fancy cabin, and more fantasy than realism, which is why I avoided buying it. If you are really unpleased (seems 99.9% of those who got it are), request a refund. If not press again saying you don't feel you got what you paid for. Protest here in a mature manner too, nothing wrong with that.The "simple" addons seem to be becoming a bit more popular for those who don't want to read through massive manuals before heading out on a flight, and I think PMDG's Express line is a great example of very affordable products that are simple to operate, but still are of great quality. The Wilco A380 seems to attempt to pass itself off as a similar product, but from what I've seen *note I do not have the product* it looks to be pretty poor quality, nothing like the PMDG 1900's.As for Feelthere, you could always politely suggest on the forum that they sell through a different publisher, but remember Wilco is just the publisher - Feelthere had nothing to do with the development of the A380.

Guest ecv737

Eventhough I am just going thru a very bad experience with the Mexican Add-on company VANS (aircrafts and Mexican Scenery) - lousy customer service., I have just seen and add about a 380 coming shortly from Flymex. They do help their clients!!I have bought from these people I think via Sim Market.I know some of them personally, and perhaps your best bet is to wait for their A380.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela ( Now in Decatur Georgia !)[tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/bSVMI

Guest ponyboy

FlyMex is coming out with an Aircraft???? Nothing on their site mentions this.

3/4 of tank of gas for $30, thats good, live over here in the UK and that 30 bucks wouldn't even get you a 1/4 of a tank of diesel for a VW Golf, 3/4 would cost me about $107 at todays rate, although petrol is a few pence a gallon cheaper than diesel (less than 10 though).

Guest VAA_008

Guys, I can only say thank you for posting your feedback about this add-on.

Guest SalinaChan

>You can't really expect to buy every single addon>these days and expect it to function exactly like the reallife>multi-million dollar counterpart do you?We can't?granted, it is cheaper than the PMDG 737s, but in the range of the PSS Airbuses so one should be able to expect something with the same functionality and degree of realism.>Different addons for different people. Wilco's A380 seems to>be targeted to those people who don't want to read a 500-page>manual or take part in an ATPL-level pilot training course>(which likes of you think should of course be included..).The web site states that it is a "Highly detailed replica of the Airbus A380" and features "realistic animations" well, look at the door for instance....and a "functional MCDU (FMS)" - i guess i fell for the latter, but even though they did not say "fully-functional" i still belive that the word functional implies a lot more than what i got for my money. As for the 500-page manual we want, we only got 26>It's for someone who likes to PLAY with the thought they are>"flying" the biggest airliner in the world and are interested>in what it looks like from the inside.eye candy.....what should i saybut even though they seemed to have concentrated on the rather unimportant stuff, they did not manage to get all the liveries nor registries right (you have to see that to belive what they did)>Personally I don't belong in this planes target group. But I>know how to read about something I'm about to buy and what to>realistically expect. I say there's little point in starting>the usual "fix it, fix it, fix it" rant again.>>They won't.i belive you are right about that.... :(

Guest pakket

I made the download yesterday. I bought it last week, but because of download problems( after 3 times push the download button your download is locked, wich is niceeeeeeeeeee!)i had to beg them for days to give me my download back. The wilco 380 is indeed a poor product. I have a strange blue light flickering at the back of the tail and no beacons. The windows of the aircraft are just grey, without any detail. The only good thing of the panel is that the ND screen shows TCAS. I thought to implement panels of the PSS airbus 340 in wilco's A380, but that won't do. The only thing that they can do, is to rebuild the panel all over again and fix some details on the plane. I think Wilco should be banned from advertising on the avism site, just like Ariane shop. best regards,

Guest Debosonic

I live in the UAE.Full tank of petrol about 10 Imp Gallons in my Honda civic costs about 5-6 quid....

Guest Goldman

Dear All,We would like to clarify a very important point. We are used to release highly realistic embarked systems for the aircraft we publish. That's the reason why we have launched our 'Pilot in Command' label, intended to bring to hard core and casual users the most realistic simulation of popular airplane (i.e. 767, A320, ERJ,...).Wilco Fleet : A380 is not a 'Pilot in Command' product. If you are looking for the most complex A380 for Flight Simulator, don't. You won't find anything until Airbus has finalize its A380 test program. Our A380 has been developed before the A380 maiden flight and has been released before the ending of the Airbus program.On the other hand, if you're looking for a quality aircraft, with eye-candy features (luxury cabin, cabin announcements,...), vector gauges PFD, ND, E/WD and functional MCDU, combined with an affordable price, then, Wilco Fleet : A380 is definitely the recommended add-on. Our team is standing to answer all questions you may have but by e-mail only and through our website (we are a small team and can't participate to forums). Based on constructive remarks, we are always open-minded to work on a patch.Thank youFred GoldmanWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest Irfan

Oh, well there are no good a380 model for fsim yet. I'm gonna get gMAX and built a better A380 mdl. The FDE will be heavy (need a expert fde designer to make it)