Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAA_008

A380 From wilco... Please do your self a favour and dont Buy it.

Guest A321

Guys Ive just took this bird out again 4 X and I have to say that its pure undiluted rubbish.Its just so poor, I want to cry, I cant even begin to come to terms with the lack of any quality in this product. Let me break it down to you.1: Wrong Landing Gear2: Wrong Rev Thrust animations and system (ONLY 2 ENGINES rev thrust)3: FMC is half done, No way to input Lat/LON4: FMC Dosent Follow ALt and often not speed.5: The push Pull feel of airbus, is almost non existent6: Model Is a joke7: Liverys are wrong / mistakes8: Manual - Actually thers no need, as its like flying a default plane9: No laod editor / fuel Planner10: You can only open 1 door11: Auto Land is well.....PANTS, no flare12: cant use manual speeds or Alt, must be conttroled by Autopilot.Wilco Should be ashamed of themselvesI am not one to wish bad luck on people or nasty things, but in this case if Wilco do not fix this joke of an aircraft, then they deserve to go out of business period.PS before anybody states the obvious, Of course I have tried the plane out more than 5 hours now, and everything mentioned above happens over and over, so I cant see it as just being me.Jason

yep, I knew it was a waste of money from the beggining, how could they possibly get every detail right if theres only one of them flying in the real world, Data on its systems probably is not even available yet. Andrew

Guest Andy Warden

1 point, as far as I know, the A380 only uses the 2 inner reverse thrusters as the outside ones are too wide and hang over the edge of runway, therefore running a risk of FOD.

"11: Auto Land is well.....PANTS, no flare"and I thought flared pants went out of fashion ages ago!Just a week or so ago, even Airbus themselves could only guess what the flight dynamics would be like...(even if it was an educated guess, and apparently not far off) so how could this come even close?However, to be fair, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the Wilco A380 page.I'm not one of them, but there are people out there who like fantasy/what if/speculative models. There is a market for this kind of thing. There are people out there who enjoy Klingon Bird of Prey ships...I will not even start looking for an A380 sim for a year or two.It should be obvious to realism-simmers that they will have to wait a couple of years for a detailed, realistic rendition of the A380, just because it has to have been in regular service for some time for enough data to become available to developers. So anyone should be able to figure out for themselves that this can only be a rather shallow simulation.Not even the top add-on developers would be able to make an authentic A380 sim at this point in time.Best,Martijn

Guest A321

I dont mind it, if its not real in the case of FDE, I mean somehings can pbvisouly made up. However I dont think as far as system goes it will be too far away from existing A340-600's. But things like 4 Rev thrust, One door opening, Half done auto pilot, and no manual control, are beyond a joke.Jason

Whine whine whine. Snap out of it! Where at Wilco's site do you see that it should be a COMPLETE PS-1 style systems simulator? You can't really expect to buy every single addon these days and expect it to function exactly like the reallife multi-million dollar counterpart do you?Different addons for different people. Wilco's A380 seems to be targeted to those people who don't want to read a 500-page manual or take part in an ATPL-level pilot training course (which likes of you think should of course be included..). It's for someone who likes to PLAY with the thought they are "flying" the biggest airliner in the world and are interested in what it looks like from the inside.Personally I don't belong in this planes target group. But I know how to read about something I'm about to buy and what to realistically expect. I say there's little point in starting the usual "fix it, fix it, fix it" rant again.They won't.

The outer engines on the real thing don't even have reversers installed on them...

Guest A321

>The outer engines on the real thing don't even have reversers>installed on them...Exactly... But the Wiclo seem to think they doJason

Guest A321

>Whine whine whine. Snap out of it! Where at Wilco's site do>you see that it should be a COMPLETE PS-1 style systems>simulator? You can't really expect to buy every single addon>these days and expect it to function exactly like the reallife>multi-million dollar counterpart do you?>>Different addons for different people. Wilco's A380 seems to>be targeted to those people who don't want to read a 500-page>manual or take part in an ATPL-level pilot training course>(which likes of you think should of course be included..).>It's for someone who likes to PLAY with the thought they are>"flying" the biggest airliner in the world and are interested>in what it looks like from the inside.>>Personally I don't belong in this planes target group. But I>know how to read about something I'm about to buy and what to>realistically expect. I say there's little point in starting>the usual "fix it, fix it, fix it" rant again.>>They won't.>Have you bought it?If so then you should be upset as you dont get what it says you get,If not... Refrain from posting, and buy it...Then youll see.I dont expect a 100% modeled Airbus, but I expect an authentic Autopilot as stated.Anyways the A380 Page seems to have gone now on the wilco site :)I hope they have taken notice of this forum, and fix it.JasonJason

Guest Debosonic

Jason is right...There are quite a few things that need to be fixed...As it is now, it is like a beta version.....I am dissappointed, but I am sure that it will be improved later on. Like I said in another post, this is a bit like the LAGO MD80. Nothing a 65MB update can't fix...!!!

I purchased the A380 yesterday, i didnt exspect it to be topnotch, but i certainly didnt expect it to be this bad. Im not going to ask for a refund or ask them to fix it, I will simply not buy anything from them again ever, the Feelthere Caravan is now also on my blacklist as it is sold through Wilco.OHN

Guest A321

>I purchased the A380 yesterday, i didnt exspect it to be>topnotch, but i certainly didnt expect it to be this bad. Im>not going to ask for a refund or ask them to fix it, I will>simply not buy anything from them again ever, the Feelthere>Caravan is now also on my blacklist as it is sold through>Wilco.>>OHNPlease dont punish Feel-There because of Wilco. Also I think youll be able to get it direct through Feel-there.Pitty Feel There were not involved in the A380Yes I will not buy anything that is a Wilco product.I hope they are reading this forum, and out of Honesty and loyalty sort this bus out, it could of been a great addition.Jason

Well Thanks for the info/feedback Jason, you have just saved me 30 dollars and a box of Kleenex. I think I'll just wait for PMDG's 744.

Guest A321

>Well Thanks for the info/feedback Jason, you have just saved>me 30 dollars and a box of Kleenex. I think I'll just wait>for PMDG's 744.LMAO :), The A380 Fiasco is killing me, ahhh sheez, :-erks

>Have you bought it?>>If so then you should be upset as you dont get what it says>you get,>>If not... Refrain from posting, and buy it...Then youll see.Fair enough. I don't have it and I won't be getting it. As I said I'm not really in the target group and would have not bought even if I had not seen these first impressions.It's indeed a good thing if someone's money is spared by these comments made, but please let's keep a rational tone here. It should be fairly obvious to anyone who has been simming for more than a year that no addon that has been produced in a few months can stand up to those that have been under development for years, like Level D's 767. And even they get their share of smiting.History shows that comments like "a complete joke" or "we demand a fix NOW" will just poison the atmosphere and get threads locked in no time.I have nothing further on this. All the best.