Sign in to follow this  
rubrog

second flight

hello ! 

Gonna ask a newbie question..

I fly alot in my home country Norway, ant the flight doesn´t last for more then 40 min approx.. I know in Norwegian air shuttle every pilot fly 2 routes each day they work. When they reload the plane, they use 20-30 min.. Is there a quick way to shut down the engines without shutting the entire plane down? 

PS: I know there is a way, but not what to turn off ;) 

Sry for my english !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PS: I know there is a way, but not what to turn off ;) 

Fly the included tutorials. They'll show you how to properly fly the plane, and how to use the APU.

For quick "turns" like that, you would land, exit the runway, turn on the APU, switch the generators over to the APU GENs and then shut the engines down when you get to the gate. While the tutorial is in English, there are plenty of pictures to show you what is being explained. This will keep the aircraft powered the whole time. Flying both tutorials will help you get familiar with how all of this happens. I really do suggest flying them.

If you're not sure what to say here, feel free to post in Norwegian. I know I can at least understand it (even if I can't speak it back very well anymore), and there are several others here who can help as well.

Nyte det ;)

Ok ! Takk skal du ha ;) Har flydd den første tutorialen fra PMDG, så har er flydd AOA sin tutorial til Innsbruck :) 

(Ok! Thank you ! I have flown the first tutorial that came with the PMDG, and the tutorial to Innsbruck from AOA) 

Nyte det ;)

Do you mean "Enjoy it" ? :) 

If so, it is: Kos deg - or - Nyt det ;)

But i am impressed ! Where are you from ? ;)

But i am impressed ! Where are you from ? ;)

Most of where I picked up Norwegian was from Hommersaak, so according to a study by NRK, I speak one of the worst dialects...haha. Compared to the Bokmaal, Rogalands dialekt has a lot of slang, so I'm never too surprised when I write something incorrectly. I started typing in the slang once and got reprimanded by one of my friends. It was something like "eg vetskje" (jeg vet ikke), because that's how we pronounced it when spoken. When texting with my friends in English, I always use my dialect. Oh well...

My family is up near Bodoe, I think. I'm not close with them, though, so I've never been up there. Probably wouldn't understand them anyway. Even Oslodialekt sounds like Swedish to me  :P

Also, just as a heads up, it's a rule here to sign your name to your posts (you can configure this in your user settings at the top right, if you'd like):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/