Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

PMDG 777 8 minute freeze

Hello everyone,

Since the past few weeks I have begun to consistently get the 8 minute freeze problem when flying the PMDG 777. Usually about 3 times on a 6-8 hour flight.

When the problem happens, I am usually only running FSX, ASN, and Smartcars (virtual airline tracking). From what I've read on Avsim the problem may be caused by ASN or an "apphang".

When the freeze begins, the FSX screen is white and says "not responding" and then exactly 8 minutes later the sim unfreezes as if nothing 

I currently do not use any tweaks other than Highmemfix, wideaspectratio=true and disablepreload=1. I have thought about using an affinitymask setting of 14, because I have a quad core processor however I am not sure that this will solve the issue.

So at this stage I am considering submitting tickets with PMDG and/or HiFi to solve the problem unless there is something recommended here.

I am aware that PMDG know about this issue but they have said that it is not caused by the 777 itself so I may not submit a ticket to them, I am not sure.

Thanks in advance,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok I think I might have found the problem I just did an 8 hour flight and did not freeze at all. The only things I did differently were that iTunes was not open and I did not watch any YouTube/movies on my sim computer.

yeah.....FSX is pretty performance hungry and sensitive to too much other software running at the same time.

For that reason I have installed Win7 twice.....dual boot.

Once for daily use with all kinds of software but no FSX.

And once on another HDD with only FSX.

Ofcourse if you dont have something like a laptop or tablet in addition, to do some emailing or internet browsing during a XXhour flight, then it does get kinda boring.

Try the stuff that we wrote on this topic in the Introduction and Use manual.

Just read through it (page 35 if anyone wants to know) and it was really helpful. I will try changing my affinitymask and updating my sound drivers.

Thank you for your help