Sign in to follow this  
Luby

FSX Crashing

Hi all, 

Just downloaded the 737NGX. All running great. but when i'm doing the tutorial it just freezes and crashes. Any clues as to why?

I'm running windows 7 64 bit

Cheers

Hi all, 

Just downloaded the 737NGX. All running great. but when i'm doing the tutorial it just freezes and crashes. Any clues as to why?

I'm running windows 7 64 bit

Cheers

Something is wrong. Based upon the information you provided that is the only conclusion possible. Members will need more info to try and find a solution. Where were you in the Tutorial when this occurred?

it hhappened twice. once at the top of decent and the other on approach. clicked to change view....freeze...then crashed.

Where can i get a crash report? It doesn't give me any information. Just freezes and crashes. When I change view with the mouse.

System specs:

i5 3.2Ghz

Nvidia 750GTXi 2GB

1TB HD

Windows 7 64-bit

8 GB Ram

PMDG 737NGX

Active Sky

FsBuild

I went into event viewer yesterday and nothing was there. 

Since I don't know what it is...I'm guessing I don't ;) I'll have to check after work when I get home.

OK, the Win7 UIAutomationcore.dll can cause freezes in FSX when operating the FSX menu.

The latest UIA....dll that is compatible with FSX is a Vista 32bit version, which has to be placed in the FSX root folder. (So it will work only with FSX, while all other applications will continue to use the W7 version in your Windows folder which is exactly how it should be - so don't touch that W7 version!)

If you can't find a trustworthy download link from a trustworthy site, it is best to submit a support ticket to PMDG, so they can provide the correct version to you.