Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Radios MCP II 2.5

Greetings,

I realize I am getting into uncharted waters (for me). I have just purchased the A2A Piper Cub. There is no module for the aircraft that I know of. I ran the log lvar script and was able to access a number of local variables for certain cockpit actions. I cannot, however, access the radio. As the Piper Cub has no electrical system, there is a portable radio which has to accessed through a keyboard combination. Changing the frequencies of the radio on the MCP has no effect on the aircraft portable; and changing the frequencies on the portable is not reflected in the MCP.

Is there a way of dealing with this? Or should I just C'est la vie.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Graham

I will also dip my toe into the uncharted water to answer your query. I don't know the A2A Piper Cub but LINDA and the MCPs are designed to work with the standard FSX radios.  LINDA is hard coded to work with directly with FSX (via FSUIPC) with the option to add custom actions that run in parallel to these. I would assume that the Piper Cub's portable radio is designed to interface with the default FSX radio functions.

There is fault with LINDA 2.5 that doesn't allow you to adjust the DME course. This will be fixed in the next release.

A couple of questions. What variant of MCP you are using and are you using the FSX Default module (the aircraft name in top box)? Does the portable radio and MCP work with the VRiSim software without LINDA?

Andrew,

Thanks. I found the issue. When I created the module, I did so using a template. In that scenario there are no entries for anything, including the MCP. I got around this by creating a new profile using the copy option and selecting FSX default.

I really didn't want all of the entries from FSX default. In future, if I want a new blank profile with functional radios, could I just copy the mcp ii lua file in the linda-cfg folder (name an aircraft) to the new profile?

Better still, is there an easy way to create a profile which is blank except for radios? Creating from a template doesn't do it. This assumes I didnt make an error.

Perhaps the best solution would be a sticky outlining creating both thpes of modules.

Thanks.

Hi gfd

I am glad you got it working. You can do as you suggest or wait for the next update where you will find I have created empty presets that can be read in to create a blank configuration.  Alternatively, you can do this yourself by saving your present settings for each sub-panel to a preset (for safe keeping), then remove all assignments and then save your own empty (blank) preset.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

I think I follow your thinking where:

-create empty presets for EFIS and MCP; and just functional radios for the USER panel.

-create a new profile from a template and apply the presets

One thing that I seem to recall, is when I create from a template, there is no HID in the linda\config section. I think I got an error message when I attempted to access the joysticks page of LINDA. Maybe I have this wrong.

Is it possible to create a generic module where all of the files are present but not assigned to any folder\aircraft in particular? I could then copy the applicable folders to \linda and \linda-cfg; and modify folder names and file contents to point to the appropriate aircraft. Is that feasible?

If so, what files and folders would I need to save and what information would I have to enter in file(s) to create a proper module that LINDA would see. If not, please forgive me for needlessly extending the thread.

Thanks for all you do.