Sign in to follow this  
Demious

How to remove overlay roads?

The standard FSX/P3D overlay roads always run criss-cross over buildings, through fields and yards, over other roads in the underlaying textures, etc. In my opinion this is more annoying than realistic, so I always remove the overlay roads with FTX Vector's configurtator.

I also did this after installing Victoria Plus, but they are still there. What can I do to remove those overlay roads from the scenery?

Overlayroads2_zpsac2c1ca3.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maarten, thanks for your patronage.

VictoriaPlus does not include roads, the ones in your screenshot are from the ORBX PNW scenery.  Disable VictoriaPlus in your scenery library and you will still see them.

Suggest you post in the ORBX support forum.

Let us know how it goes...

Jon

Thanks for the fast reply, Jon.

With so many addons in the same area it sometimes hard to see what belongs with what. ;)

Thanks for explaining and pointing me in the right direction.

And my compliments for the beautiful scenery, it's a great addition to the PNW region. I hope your Vancouver area will be released for P3D as well. :)

This was actually quite simple to fix. Before I had FTX Vector, I used to remove roads in the Terrain.cfg and I knew the default roads where listed there, but didnt realize addons would add entries. It just came to me to have a look if there are entries for FTX regions and sure there are. :P

It's as simple as looking up the 2 entries:

FTX_PNW_Road_Urban_2-Lane_Vectors

FTX_PNW_Freeway_Urban_2-Lane_Vectors

And change the values for 'ExcludeAutogen' and 'RenderToTexture' to No.

Cheers!

Sign in to follow this