Sign in to follow this  
Guest C172pilot

Orlando Flight Training

Guest ben_hewitt

Hey guys, thinking of learning to fly here next summer (PPL in 21 days course) http://www.flyoft.comJust wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or something similar?

Personally, I would stay away from stuff like that. Less than a month seems way too fast to really learn the skills required to be safe. I don't think it's good to be stuck on a schedule, where you have to be finished that quickly. Take your time, go at your own pace, and have fun.

Guest BrunoF

For your PPL? Not good.Take your time, lots of things to learn, and understand. Even if you think you know it all, there is always something new! :DI've chatted with many private pilots and asked them about all this programs for my next move (INST Rating, That is) you will hear lot of different opinions, anyway.Once again, I wouldn't go. Not because of the school, but because of the ETA. :)Bruno Francescoli :-waveStudent Pilot.KOPF PA28-161.

Agreed.Especially with with your PPL, the most important part. Its going to be an excellerated course, fast paced and rigorous. I believe getting your "certificate to learn" should be done with care, but thats my opinion on it. I've been working on my PPL for many months now, I've had to spread it out due to my age...However, your from across the pond (I think) and time is an issue I assume...Jason :-wave

Guest C172pilot

It has its ups and downs.. If you have had SEVERAL months of prior reviewing, such as the basic FAA knowledge handbook. Like I did, it will make you prepared for the first few lessons MAYBE.. But doing your PPL in 21 days as you said.. is REDICULOUS, I think. You have to remember that these are the 'baby steps' for the rest of your flying career. This is NOTHING like Flight simulator. It is NOT a walk in the park. There is no Slew button ;-)Take my FBO for example.. the shortened PPL prog like yours is about 8hours a day(3x a week or so).. try a basic 4hour block.. You'll be exhausted, and mine are the basic 1 on 1 lessons. I tell you, It is the most fun I've ever had, but you need to focus. I feel you don't learn AS much cuz you can't really ask as many questions as you want because you're in a room with other people who probably are in the same place you are, who probably understand that one topic and it will just slow the training down a bit... Its convienent if you want to NOT spend alot of time on your PPL. But I think its safe to say Ben, that you're passionate about flying as I am also. Take it slow and do it right. Spend more money and know that you did something the better way and I'll be rewarded for the rest of my flying life.. NOW, if you're planning on doing the IFR rating.. Sure! go ahead and do the accelerated course.. I'm sure you can read a SID/STAR plate.. Heck, FS is pretty much just an IFR simulator.So to concludeDo your PPL the right way.. Nice and slow. IF you go further in your ratings, try an accelerated course. IFR rating does nothing with learningabout Lift.. Its what FS is like I stated above..BTW, you'll be flying single engine airplanes with less than 200 HP. Don't let that first pic tell you differently.. all through your PPL training.SINCE YOU ARE LOOKING AT ORLANDO.. SWING BY THIS SITE!!!www.americanflyers.netMUCH BETTER FBO THAN THAT SITE LOOKS LIKE ;-)Good luckBTW, I take one on one lessons w/ American Flyers.. BEST MONEY I'VE EVER SPENT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!